How do you feel about weak people? physically or mentally or emotionally?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I see/know a weak person. I always try to build them up and befriend them. Watch after them and protect if I need to. I stick up for them and try to give them some wisdom. Weak people are fine and it's just a trait. But the world we live in absolutely hates them.

• you're last sentence is actually why I asked this question. a lot of people claim to be caring and say they would help others, but I see so many people say and do horrible things to those who are weak in real life. or they see others hurting them but just turn a blind eye. plus, realistically calling someone weak is usually an insult. I feel like the stronger people instead of hating on them they should try to help them out, teach the them to be stronger too, where possible.

• Yeah, I hear you. My best assumption on the whole thing is that, in general, people ignore/hate/despise "weak" people because they are very much focused on themselves and could care less about helping and building up others. They view a weak person as having no value and that they can't get anything from them. It all goes back to themselves and if they can't get anything that will benefit themselves, then they are worthless and a waste of time.

If someone's mindset is all about "me me me" then they are never going to take their own time to try and build that weaker person up.

• that makes sense. and I would say that is a weakness itself.

What Guys Said 6

• We all have our weaknesses. So who am I to judge?

• They're fucking annoying...

• They're takers... They always need something from you be it emotional support or help with regular things everyday people should know how to do..
      They're whiners... They're always complaining as if the world has it in for them and they don't seem to realize that everyone puts up with the same shit.
      They've got no initiative... Just get shit done and quit whining about it.

• hmm, takers I would consider manipulative, not exactly weak.

the rest is a bit of a rant I don't know ho to respond to.

• Physically there's nothing you can do. I mean, I see guys here all the time that look like anyone can take them down with one punch. People know they have the option to stay fit and to exercise so that's up to them (this coming from a very skinny, but physically active dude).

As for the other things I believe people need compassion. They need to be understood and heard and try to put things in perspective to them. But it seems sometimes overly sensitive advice and constructive criticism doesn't cut into self-loathing behaviors and you just need to be a little more aggressive to get into them and shove a little bit of reality down their throats.

At least personally, the bigger lessons where the ones that hit me like a bag of bricks and sometimes that's exactly what you need to harden the fuck up, you know.

• hmm, I don't know if I'd agree with being aggressive over sensitive and constructive criticism, maybe somewhere in between.

psychically weak people I think help help and encouragement too. honestly, I don't get why more parents don't sign smaller kids up for self defense classes. that would probably help them all around.

• They make me sick

• consumers.

• Physically weak is fine
    Mentally weak is disappointing
    Emotionally weak is annoying

• so, you look down on them instead of trying to help them? which of course makes things worse.

• people can sense disappointment and annoyance.

• I know that doesn't mean I won't help them. My friend killed himself all of my friends leaned on me for emotional support which really annoyed , however I realise I'm stronger then them so I helped. I am an ex smoker and I tried quitting several times I was disappointed in myself everytime I failed, people still helped me. I still think you are clutching at straws here looking for answers which I haven't said from the question you put out

What Girls Said 8

• I don't have any particular, specific feelings towards them. I think that if they are physically, mentally, or emotionally weak then that's their business. It would be in their best interest to do something about those weaknesses because this world can be a very evil, cruel, challenging place and being physically, mentally, or emotionally weak will work against you.

• do you ever try to help those you see to have a weakness or avoid them instead?

• @Asker It honestly depends on the person and the situation. I like to be helpful but I am very selective about who gets my help and how much of it they receive. Mainly because I have a busy life with my own goals and priorities so I don't exactly always have the time to completely fix someone else's problems.

• They all need loving

• IDC about physically weak people as I am one.
    I feel bad for mentally weak people and I want to help them as much as possible.

• I don't believe we should enable them. If someone can't emotionally get past something maybe they need a mental health professional. I grow tired of being a sounding board if someone doesn't want to help themselves. If they have a physical disability what can you do but accomodate them, try to help? Mentally? Some people just can't or won't reason and we have to let it go and let stupid people be stupid. It's annoying but it's life.

• I think your approach to dealing with emotionally and mentally weak people is the huge problem with society. if someone is coming to you with their problem trying to talk to you its because they trust you and think you care enough to be there for them. most people aren't that comfortable confiding in strangers, including professionals, so when they attempt to open up to someone they know and that person Knicks them down all that happens is they start bottling things up, making the situation much worse.

• venting is the best way to move on from something sometimes. if I've had a bad day at work or just gotten out of an unhealthy relationship, a good venting always helped me feel much better and move on to having fun much faster.

• That's what normal people like you do after having a bad day which is ok. An emotionally weak person will do this and try to pull the listener in and drag them along taking their energy hostage and wasting their time. You probably feel better after venting and move on and get on with it? An emotionally weak person just dwells on it and ruminates.

• I feel like i'm weak and timid all around, but i'm trying to step out of comfort zone to be stronger hopefully.

• Eh I feel sympathy for them. I been there and still am!

• I would try to help them. I'm a humanitarian. I care a lot for other people.

• I feel like they exist and people could become weak and vulnerable but then all the guys hate that won't give a shit