Do u think insecure people would be less insecure if they never looked at their reflection?

It's our flaws that makes us insecure so if we never saw them, we would be happy, right?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm insecure about many things... I don't think not seeing my reflection would change much. maybe it would make it even worse not knowing how I really look.

Most Helpful Girl

• If only it were that easy.

If only.

__

I've got plenty of experience with this -- i'm a fitness model/competitor, and I work with aspiring models of both sexes.

If anything, nope. It's actually the opposite.
    Most people with this kind of insecurity are factually (as much as this can be a fact, LOL) better-looking than their image of themselves. So, looking at themselves is reassuring, whether they care to admit it or not.

This is especially true because lots and lots of mirrors are rigged to make people look better than they actually look.
    This deception is used to sell stuff, too:
    www.swimsuitsdirect.com/.../

What Guys Said 12

• Ehh... I don't think so.
    I think people look in the reflective mirror as well... As well as the reflections of others imposed upon them.
    I think people just need to learn to love themselves... Some people are taught that loving oneself is selfish... I say if you can't love yourself, you can't love anyone else.
    People just need to accept their own beauty, it's okay to be beautiful and let your love light shine... to me, that is the true definition of beauty.

• If we never saw our flaws people would make us see them anyways. People seem to love to bring other people down.. Judgements.

• No, I really don't think that is how it works.

• nope , many people are not insecure about their looks, but they are insecure with their performance, For example shy people.

• No, I think it would make it worse. Insecure people are very anxious which tends to make a situation worse when the person isn't sure about it.

• Actually, its the opposite, insecure people should see their reflection in the mirror more often, this to appreciate their bodies and begin to high their esteem.

• No. We can still be insecure about our personality flaws or results in life.

• No, insecurity is something you feel, not something you see. Looking in the mirror is just a symptom.

• tried it back when i had acne. id go months. yes it works.

• ummm no...

• Wrong. My insecurities are nothing to do with how I look, maybe yours are but not everyone is the same.

My insecurity is more social anxiety and how I am percieved based on what I've said or done, rather than how I look.

• Personally, i believe insecurity is less about how you see yourself, but rather how you are seen by others. Even a simple glance can tell someone, right or wrong, a lot about how they look.

• That's true too

• this is true. however, people see you as you see yourself. if you feel ugly, people will see ugly. if u feel good, people will think u look good.

its why self confidence has such a profound effect on others pov

What Girls Said 6

• Possibly... but we can still look at ourselves without reflection of any sort... like I can see my skin, my arms, my legs etc... without needing a mirror, a camera, and the like... so in a sense, I do believe there would be less self criticism, but it would definitely still be at large.

• Assuming all your insecurities are of the physical kind, possibly. But I think just interacting with other people can bring about insecurity in some cases.

• Yes I think so too. This is just like how big size people hating on others who are bigger than them. Or dark skin people who hate other dark skin people. They hate themselves to the point where they hate seeing others who are similar looking to them.

• No, because wouldn't people still talk and if they point out your insecurities wouldn't you feel bad about it? Its not always the physical but its emotional dealing with what you feel not what you've seen.

• I think not knowing what we look like to other would lessen the superficiality involved with dating. But if your ugly to the majority, it qould be hard to fix that.

• No. Usually it's just their lack of self esteem.