Why do some girls like to gossip a lot and talk behind other girls backs?

I was in the computer lab today and these 3 girls were like talking mad crap about this other girl, one chick was on the phone and started saying how her boyfriend cheated on someone or something like that. 10 Minutes later this girl comes and sits beside them, then for like 30 minutes i noticed they stopped talking crap then when she left they started again and started to make fun of her hair and clothing.

I felt bad for that girl cause she doens't know what was being said about her and that those arnn't real friends. I find girls do this a lot. NOT all, but that is what i notice. Not generalizing this only to girls but i mean these girls were pretty mean.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because we are mean bitches who need yo knock are shit off like I'm already read to get out of that shit

• huh? i sense you are mad.. why are you mad>? you didn't make much sense in your above answer lmao.

• Ok then we can talk

• we can talk.. about what? :o taking over the universe lol. Sure, but i have to get some things done for school but ill try and keep up a convo lol

What Girls Said 4

• I hate it when girls do that, and after seeing some of my female friends do it to other girls, it makes me question whether or not they do it to me, and they probably do.
    I don't know why they do it, but the only thing I can think of is jealousy. Why else would you make fun of someone like that? If you actually thought that someone had bad features or whatever, wouldn't you feel sorry for them instead of putting them down and making fun of them?

• I think they prob do. I felt bad for that girl cause she was not like those other girls... they were loud and i couldn't do my work lol. They also had that bitchy voice. I mean they looked good but with that voice and how they talk about others... who gives a shit about looks lol. Yes jealousy i also think too. I have a good group of friends that are girls but one day i heard one shit talk the other and it wasn't cool. Or at least help the girl, but i mean the girl that come didn't look bad at all, she looked nice. BUt those girls were super mean. The chick on the phone said the girls boyfriend is probably going to cheat on her or something, it was really stupid

• Yeah, it's hard, but I've learned that it's better in the long run.

• We seem to think that by putting other girls down, we somehow feed our egos and feel superior even for just that moment. It could also be a result of peer pressure, and wanting to keep up a certain image of 'coolness' and 'popularity' with one's friends. I'll admit, I used to get caught up in that sh*t for those exact reasons, and I really regret doing it.

Girl world can be tough.

• hmm, i agree with you. I think it's tough being a girl than guy growing up. I just wish these college girls would understand that doing that ain't going to back them better. it's pretty sad and i feel bad for that girl they made fun of. I dont see why she called her friend on the phone to tell her lol AAAAAND they were very disruptive >:-(

• Im not sure why we do it but I guess it's built in
    Maybe we do it to be popular I guess I never liked those girls in my grade either but such people are everywhere sadly
    Hmmm. What can one do I guess

• yeah, i felt bad for the girl they were talking about. They're prob jealous and all that stuff

• Yeah it does suck for the peraon who can't even defend his side
      And most of the things aren't even trur or their highly exagerated

• yup very true

• I've noticed it happens a lot with girls.. I don't know why they do that lol

• yeah lol, I don't know what the purpose is, it's not nice at all. I kinda felt bad for the girl cause by the way she talked she seemed nice. The other 3 were talking like spoiled white girls lol.

• Sometimes I guess people do that for their own ego they think putting others down would change the fact that they are losers.

• yup very true

What Guys Said 1

• I dont know. Its really annoying.