What do you think about the Turks :) ?

I'm Türk. what is your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very nice people on a whole

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• Well, apart from being Greek and thus your natural enemy ( ;-) ), I would say that I hate the Turkish government and pretty much anything it does but I've met some nice Turkish people in real life. In terms of mentality, Turkish people and us Greek people can be quite similar, except that we're a bit more European in our way of thinking. Politically I certainly sympathize more with the Kurds but culturally Turks and Greeks have many things in common, especially stuff like food.
    The thing about Turks is also that there is a vast variety of people (more so than in many other countries). For example the Turkish people I know and like, they all come from wealthy families in Istanbul. They're all very well educated, smart and civilized. On the other hand however, the Turkish people we have in Germany or Switzerland (the tens of thousands that came to work here as guest workers and finally settled down here) are mostly very uncivilized, uneducated and backwardish people from the most remote corners of Anatolia. They treat their wives likes dogs, think that homosexuality is an abomination and some even try to force their daughters into arranged marriages. They come and want to live here in western Europe but are not willing to even make the smallest efforts to integrate themselves and that is something that bothers me.

• Well I have never met a turk.. so all my opinion boils down to the actions of your government. Attacking Cyprus and oppressing Kurds is what reminds me when I think 'Turkey'. Other than that the Ottoman Empire causing mass genocide of non-muslims, rape and destruction does not give me a good vibe.

• 0|3
  • we know good (iyi biliriz) :)

• I have no problems with turks - I have enjoyed talking to a few of them on the site.

• I dont realy know.

• I abhor the Turkish government, and I dislike the Ottoman Empire.

• They're constantly asking what we think of them.
    Other than that, never met one, dont know.

• I have never seen any in person.
    I hope they are good.

• They are a proud people, and fierce warriors.

• As in from Turkey? Cause if so then it depends what part of Turkey cause from what I've heard one half is very European and a nice place and the other is a shit middle eastern place

• The other "shitty" half is from the systematic oppression of the Kurds.

• @4465loveyou5577 umm I don't know much on the subject but the kurds don't really have any power do they? I mean they can't even get there own land so they can't be that strong. And the kurds are helping the fight on ISIS a lot so that makes me think they can't be that bad. But if you have more info I'd love to hear it

What Girls Said 2

• I think that they obsess about what people on G@G think of Turks.

• You always wonder about what people think of you