Are people that have "been through it all" wise from their experience or stupid for putting themselves in so many bad situations?

Are people that have "been through it all" wise from their experience or stupid for putting themselves in so many bad situations? http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/7/77/Pai_Mei.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20070622015343

Are people that have

• Wise
  • Stupid
  • Puddin/results

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends. Some people learn from all the shit that happens to them, while some turn into cynics and don't learn a thing. If a person can handle a bad situation with grace and strength, or pull themselves up out of something they did to themselves, they will be wise. If a person refuses to help themselves or accept it from others, blames their misfortune on the world being unfair, and can't make themselves grow and change, they will gain no wisdom and often make their life worse for it

• How dare you strut in here and give mh!

What Girls Said 1

• Well my Spanish teacher has been through hell, he lived in El Salvador during the civil war but he couldn't leave. So he did not put himself in that position so he is wise.

• With some people surely they cannot help their circumstances.

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't call being a victim of 9/11 is a bad decision choice. Ask Kevin Cosgrove. Did he make a bad choice for going to work that day?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppAeMWFCqC8

• Was the WTC beating him or belittling him for years? Yeah not stupid he had no clue.

• What? Sgt. fcking buzz kill dude. What does this have to do with 9/11 . I'm sure you are a blast at parties.

• Wise,, but only if they have learned the lesson. If the keep doing stupid stuff then they are stupid.

• Maybe both? Stupid to have gone through it all, but wiser afterwards?

• Depends on who it is I think.