Will my laptop get heavier if I download more files on it?

It weights 2.3 pounds

As in will it be harder to lift?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it will. But you need a machine capable of weighing the difference.

What Girls Said 4

• You ask the silliest questions. Quit taking a piss for your own entertainment. 😛

• you are downloading its suppose to get lighter right uploading gets it heavier you got it the wrong way around -------______-------

• Not noticeably

• Are you stupid?

What Guys Said 11

• It will be harder to lift, since you're spending time download stuff
    While you remain idle, downloading, your body will suffer and gradually become weaker
    day by day, untill it's so difficult to lift, you can even move it.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2hp1wko.jpg

• Only if you don't first remove them from the cabinets.

• I am very careful - Every time I download a file, I delete 1 to make room, very logical I am, always thinking ahead, you'll never catch me out.

• Technically data does have weight because it is made of photons which have mass, but the photons don't stay in the computer.

Instead, they tell the hard drive to alter itself and so the data is copied onto the hard drive and then because the photons energy is used up the photon vanishes into the web of the Higgs field.

That's my understanding anyway.

• yes dude, it will overload too and might even break if it exceeds the file's size exceeds the safe working load of your laptop. :(
    WTF!!! 😂

• No. Everything that contains the data is allready in there. Much like if you lay down a word in scrabble. 10 letters weigh the same no matter how you arrange them.

• It will gain weight while the recieved data is processed. But that's only on a subatomic level... It's so little that it's neglegtible.

• Absolutely Not. You can't add and change ANYTHING physically to the laptop just by merely adjusting the number of files on it as that's only a digital and electronic modification. It won't make it any lighter or heavier, regardless.

• Not, at all. If you download 1000 TB even it's doesn't matter. :)

• only if you put in another hard drive in it to accommodate the files.

• R U serious? It's downloaded to a memory chip, no your laptop won't weigh any more than when you bought it 😄

• it is copied