Do you agree with this?

When someone says "I'm mature for my age." they're generally not mature.
But when someone says "Yea I try to act mature." they're more mature than most.

I think that's usually how it is.

• I agree.
  • I disagree.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, I think people who place a lot of importance on acting mature are immature. Once you get older you stop giving a fuck about all that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 41 years old. If I heard this, I'd just start crying. LOL

Double cry. One cry because... well, if someone is still saying this shit at my age, then... yeah.
    Second cry because I'd be reminded of being "a woman of a certain age."

::sob sob::

::sob::

::SNORT sob sob sob::

What Guys Said 7

• That goes for so many things in life - If someone tells you they are something it is a sure bet they are not - It is the ones who don't have to tell you they are or don't realise they are have already found their way there.
    The people who are "trying to" could already be there without realising it or nearly there but they are a hell of lot closer than the "I am" proclaimers.
    Again very wise words, kiddo.

• Thanks for agreeing haha but seriously, I hate when people call me kiddo. I already feel like I'm only 12.

• well then happy late birthday lmao
      you're only as old as you feel.

• Nah I am okay - I am still that headless chicken of a 10 year old running through life trying to take my sweater off and getting my head stuck - Might still run into the odd table but having fun doing it.

• Idrk, all I know is girls are more mature than boys typically. Me myself, I'm pretty immature. I'm mature when I need to be. But I take everything with a grain of salt.

• I'm not mature, I just know how to behave in public. :P

• I guess there is some truth in it

• Humbleness is a mature aspect. One I always try to keep.

• I agree. :D

• 😂 I don't put that much thought into little stuff like this

What Girls Said 2

• I agree to an extent. For me, I am mature for my age. I grew up with a lot of adults around me and I never really fit in with my peers. Even as early as elementary school I was always the most responsible one. I was, what they call, the "mom of the group." Because of this I end up not relating to many people in my age group. I am mature for my age. When I say it, it's the truth. For others, not so much. It really depends, though.

• nope that's not always true.
    I just focus more on his acts then his speech.