Is 2k considered decent money for being in your early twenties?

As in, only having that much saved up?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Not to make you feel bad but I'm 21 and I have about 4 times that in the bank right now. Of course I have student loans that amount to much more then that amount, but I dont need to pay those off until I graduate next year. I save so much, like the last two years of college I think I have spent maybe 300 dollars per semester (including the cost of books), and I work on campus to supplement that so with low expenses and a paycheck of about 500 per semester I am actually making money. Add on top of that the money I get from my summer job, and my internship last summer, and I have close to 9k in the bank.

• That's good though.

• Sorry if it came off as bragging haha, this might look like bragging to you but what I have in the bank is chump change. Its hard to brag about how "rich" I am when I am 30k in debt and drive a beat up 1992 chevy caprice. I think "frugal" is the better term. People that are making 200k a year will laugh at the figures I gave you, I really dont make enough to brag.

• 200k a year? The average in US is about 45-50K

Most Helpful Girl

• I get 1k monthly from my dad since 17

What Guys Said 8

• You're not doing bad at all if you have that much saved up. You'll definitely want to keep building that up though.

• No to bad for a little start

• It's 2k more than I have...

• thats good, i have two bank accounts and split my money up and putting half in each account. One of those accounts, i don't touch at all unless its an ermergency.

• congratulations on thinking of your future there are some adults that dont even have that much in there accounts.

• As long as you don't have too much debt

• I wish I had that much...

• Yes. I would love to earn and the spend them. :)

What Girls Said 1

• Sadly, 2k is not a lot of money to have, but a lot of money to owe.