Do you think there would be more or less perversion if public nudity was acceptable?

I mean people are always worried about how it will impact children but in tribes where people don't wear clothes it doesn't seem to harm them in any way. Also, our ancestors have been doing it for thousands of years (do you really think cavemen wore fur underwear ;)

• More
  • Less
  • Unsure

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe at first, but i think after a while people would get used to it again and be normal

Most Helpful Girl

• Just the same amount, if not a bit less? The more skin that would be regularly shown, the less taboo it would be. Less taboo means less incentive for creeps to hide what they do, which is eventually would results in perverted behaviours, no?

There would still be a lot of pervs but with them feeling more free to practice whatever they want out in the open, that kind of stuff would be easier to monitor and keep at minimal levels.

What Guys Said 4

• Probably more at first, but after a while it'd become the new normal and people would get over it.

• I think that perversion is something due largely by the fact the body is hidden and, then, there's mystery. If people could be naked, the perversion could be less, I think.

• I don't know about perversion but there would be a lot more dirty furniture.

• I wish society would accept nudity since I love walking my house naked and wish I could in public

What Girls Said 5

• Initially it'd be worse. But then it'll be like nothing. Like the first time women showed ankles, I'm sure caused a raucous. But now it's not seen as scandalous.
    Plus, we see tribes where they are nearly nude and the people seem to be well behaved.
    And even nudist colonies, after an "adjustment period", the exposed body doesn't seem as sexual as we make it out to be.

• more. much more. anyone saying less is fooling themselves.

• There would be a lot more at first as it's new but the more we get used to it we'll be blind to it after awhile.

• Nudity is natural and its a shame society doesn't accept it..

• There is nothing sexual about a naked body in itself, it's 'modern' society that has made such.