What are your thoughts on lucid dreaming?

Lucid dreaming is the concept of being fully conscience while you're dreaming. This has been scientifically proven through sleep studies. Do you believe everyone has the ability or does it take some sort of mental capacity that only certain individuals possess? Have you ever experienced lucid dreams? What was it like for you?

Really, I'm asking for any thoughts or stories you may have.

Most Helpful Guy

• As someone who has great interest in hypnosis for quite a few years, I also got into the topic of lucid dreaming. The general gist is quite similar as it just makes things capable the brain is capable anyway through different means.

Yes, it is possible and legit, but I don't recommend people do achieve lucid dreaming as it kinda makes the sleep feel very unsatisfying.

What Guys Said 4

• I lucid dream every time I dream. But in the last few years I barely ever dream anymore. But yeah, I'm always aware that I'm dreaming when I'm in the dream, but I can barely concentrate enough to manipulate the dream.

• I believe it's real and I believe I regularly engage in it.

• a lot when I was young now it doesn't happen anymore

• I think I've had one lucid dream, but it was really grainy.

I want to have more though.

What Girls Said 4

• I just did it for the first time a couple weeks ago! It was amazing; I'd always wanted to experience it. Basically, I was aware that I was dreaming and I could control everything that was happening.

I'm not sure if everyone can do it or not, but I'd like to think they could! I read once that a some people were born able to lucid dream on a regular basis, which I'm jealous of.

• Lol it looks like you just looked this shit up online and copied it down.

• @T-shirtsandkneehighs I have no reason to lie about what I dream about. I described my recent experience; if that's a textbook definition of lucid dreaming, then great.

I'm not sure what you have against me, but I've had a very long day. Any more negative comments from you will result in a block. All of this was unnecessary.

• I don't think much! I have them all the time and they make no sense!

• I have no thoughts on it... guess it's just a dream... hehehe

• I always know that i'm dreaming, but i've never really actively tried to change what was happening in my dreams