50 refugees are being relocated to my small rural home town. What can I expect?

Will I need to cover up and not wear any of my sexy dresses on nights out and always be escorted by a male family member when out in town to be accomodating, tolerant and non offensive of their religious/cultural beliefs?

Most Helpful Guy

• Take caution and see how they are doing. If it's only males there is a good chance they are scum and you should be careful. If it's actual families, you are likely to get along well with them.

Think about it this way - which kind and nice person would leave their country from war without their family? No one. Unfortunately the lackluster of proper immigration and refugee policy allows those scum people to come here instead of only the refugees who actually need our help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep to yourself and stay on your guard. I am Not No way Prejudice, have Never been, I even have a husband out in Egypt who is a Muslim.
    However, with what is Going on now, No one is safe and Everyone Is... Guilty until proven Innocent in my Book of Be Careful.
    PS: IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING.
    Good luck. xxoo

• Thank you for the upvote. xxoo

• Thank you so much for the Vote of Confidence and I am quite Confident you will do the right thing. xxoo

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 15

• They are coming to OUR country. They need to accommodate to our culture, customs, and beliefs, or they need to find someplace else to hang their keffiyeh.

• I'm so goddamn sick of people defending everything Muslims do. When you follow a religion that promotes extreme abuse of women, draconian punishments for people having gay sex or taking drugs (aka doing nothing wrong), the death of non-believers, and no tolerance of other views in general, you should not even be allowed in a civilized western nation.

inb4 "oh, not all Muslims, you fukkin bigot". A large majority of the world's Muslims are open about wanting things like Sharia law instituted, and even many that aren't only use the "religion of peace" bullshit as subterfuge, since they're not beneath lying that way.

Hardly any are actual refugees. Why do you think they're almost all men? Either they're economic migrants who want to leech off of a civilized nation with their total lack of job skills/not knowing the language, or ISIS shitheads running west from all the bombs we've dropped.

Even if a few are genuine, that's no excuse to let these primitive bastards who just left the Bronze Age run rampant through the streets, raping and pillaging as they've done for centuries. All the people saying to live life normally can shove it. Pack heat when you go out if you're country allows it, or bring a knife, mace, etc. if not. Take a TKD, Judo, or other self defense-class. It's understandable to be concerned.

• it'd be nice if you didn't have to worry at all, but with the incidents taken place around the world, be as cautious and safe as you can. play it smart, be logical.

• It behooves a newcomer to conform to the standards of their new community (when in Rome do as the Romans). It is not your responsibility to change your comfort for them. It is your responsibility to be welcoming, accepting and gracious of them nothing more, nothing less.

• 98% chance they're not going to care what you do.

• I hope so my sister lived in Rotherham for years and the stories she tells about Muslim men are horrifying and then then what happened in Germany at new years eve is exactly what she has been saying would happen.

• @Josht11 Take this guy for instance. He's never met a Muslim in his life.

• HAHAHAA Nice try you liberal cuck. You don't fucking know me, my Grandad used to live in a mainly muslim neighbourhood in west yorkshire I had a muslim friend who was awesome and when i went over his mum served very nice food, I don't think all muslims are bad you idiot but when you come from a terrible culture (which is were these refugees are coming from) you're being naive to expect no problems.

• well, if you are really worried, there's always the euro response... burning down whatever building they were going to go be housed in.

• You should expect them to be scared. They're living thousands of miles from home in a country they know almost nothing about. They probably don't speak English well.

I'd be surprised if you see much of them at all.

• Do whatever you did before. It our home, its up to them to conform or accept it. I wouldn't be worried, thousands of refugees are here already. But dont worry about offending them, its not your problem.

• If anything, they need to accommodate our culture. You should be careful, they are committing horrendous crimes in Germany.

• dont let fear control your sympathe. they are poor people. show your kindness, but also take care of yourself, strengthen secure awareness.

• Dear Muslim!
    Poland for thousands of years have been a tolerant country. Since a long time we have been hosting Belarusians, Tatars, Armenians, Ukrainians, Latvians, Germans and many other nations. We accepted Jews on our territory, which European countries didn't want to do. It was a big mistake for us, because they fucked us up during and after World War. They regaled a journal "Gazeta Wyborcza" and a lot of allegations towards Poles - but it's a different subject. In Poland religious tolerance have been existing for ages and exist nowadays. Liberals spread the lies about Poles. They call us xenophobes, fanatical-religious people and parochialism. Our tolerance has limits which you need to know and consider before you decide to move out here:
    - we don't tolerate men who kill women and children
    - we don't tolerate pedophilia
    - we don't tolerate rapists of women and children
    - we don't tolerate murdering because of religious faiths and others.
    - we don't tolerate the destruction of our property
    - we don't tolerate bandits on the streets of our towns
    - we like alcohol and we won't allow anyone to prevent us from drinking when we want to
    - we like our women to dress nicely and we don’t want them to look like "telephone booths"
    - we don't tolerate killing innocent people like gays, lesbians, women who cheat on their husbands or boyfriends, because it's their private affair
    - we pray whenever we want, not when someone with a beard shouts out from the tower
    - raping and killing animals is prohibited.
    There are many more reasons why you shouldn't come to Poland (the weather is cold, we don't have any camels. Goats and sheep don't have interspecies sex. There are sports fans and machetes in Cracow – do not misunderstand with mosques).
    however, if you decide to come to Poland, we'll make your life a hell on the earth! Compared to your country, fucking Africa will be a paradise. It's just an information, not a threat.
    Get the fuck away from Poland!''

• Ball is in your court. You do have the option to leave your hometown if you're against it.

• Do whatever you want who the hell cares what they think

• If they think im an easy target for rape shouldn't I care?

• Carry mace with you then. And you could also maybe get some goats so they can rape them instead

• Honestly I'd be more afraid to be the refugees.

• There not in the middle east anymore.

• most likely nothing will happen but these people have vastly different cultures and with all the recent attacks etc It's probably best to be careful at night.

What Girls Said 10

• Stay away from them and make sure your male friends are with you a lot... if near them by any chance.

• They are refugees, who should have been screened for adaptability into the new country's culture, not Islamic extremists.
    Nonetheless, it woudnt hurt to be a bit mindful, and see how things go in the beginning - you don't have to worry too much though.

• Well they're not coming here to rape our women and kill our men, they're here because they're refugees. They need refuge from their dangerous homes and they come to us for help. They aren't just a bunch of creeps, there's as much a possibility of you being attacked with them not here as there is with them here. If you really feel unsafe then don't dress up, have an escort, whatever. But if you realize that they're all human then you would just take pepper spray with you everywhere, even with the refugees not around because there are still people in your hometown who could do the same shit they could to you.

• True its just the stories my sister tells about when she lived in Rotherham scare me.

• Thats the thing about my town you could walk home alone and nothing would ever happen.

• I will have to burst your bubble here. Don't be naive. Yes, there are actual refugees, but there is also a lot of scum coming over who want to benefit from the situation that the european states take in refugees.

The Rotherham is a good example: en.wikipedia.org/.../Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

• Oh fuck off troll...

• act normal

• If you think you should and you want to show respect for their culture and welcome them to your home then do it. If you don't want to then don't. It's your home. You're not obliged to do anything or change your ways for their sake.

• But should they not show respect for our culture after all we are welcoming them?

• Of course they should. It's your home. They should treat you guys with respect and stuff. Not cause trouble in the neighborhood. Behave and help to build and help the community. Interact with you guys. But that doesn't mean leaving their culture behind and start dressing in weestern clothing and eating western food. It's all up to them on that part.

• 👏👏👏👏

• Jesua Fucking Christ!!! 😂😂😂 Y'all are so scared...

• After what happened in Germany and whats been happening in British cities for years not to mention tge culture of rape in Muslim countries shouldn't we be?

• No. Of course bad shit happens, bad shit happens everywhere, there's always one group that commits a certain crime more than the other, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna be terrified of an entire group of people. That's being narrow-minded right there.

If they came to my town, I'd treat them like ANY other stranger to protect myself: don't trust them too much, give them space, and respect their boundaries as they respect mine. But I'm not gonna be scared because 9/10, they aren't gonna give a shit about me, considering the journey they took to get here, and where they come from, how they are the main targets, they'd be focused on improving their own lives.

• Crazy shit is more likely to happen in cities because you have a bigger pool of normal people to cull a group of assholes. In a small town, not much usually happens on that scale...

Except in my area, methamphetamine. 😒

• Cities like Rotherham?

• I consider that large, personally.

• May God have mercy on you.

• Just live your life normally.