Do Americans from the U. S still refer to their president as leader of the free world?

Im not from the U. S by the way :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know they tend to think everyone else is living in extreme poverty when most countries are just as free as they are. by the way which island are you from?

• Lol what you say is true. But sometimes everyone thinks where they live is the best. Im from Trinidad and Tobago :)

• oh ok nice. Well we consider you all part though, lol at least I do. I went university with a few Bahamians :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• I have never known anyone to refer to the president as leader of the free world outside of actors in movies when they are trying to build hype for the situation they are in.

• yeah you might be right. It is from watching scandal a tv show that inspired me to ask this question actually

• Wait, there's other countries in the world?

• Ehh sometimes.
    Not entirely accurate I guess, but we're a powerful country and you can't get arrested for disagreeing with feminists on Twitter (I'm looking at you Canada).

• Lollll okaay. So why consider him leader of the free world then, even if just sometimes?

• For a long time America was the most powerful nation of the "free world," or non/communist world.
      A lot of political events happened because of inspiration from the US.
      Now, we're less influential, but we still have that past behind us, and what we are before us.
      You dig?

• I think I get ya ;)

• Nope just the president of 'our' country.

• why 'our' and not our?

• Hardly anyone thinks that to be honest, just ignorant foreigners and foolish citizens.

• Cool I hear you ;)

• Naw, at least i don't.

• I don't and never have

• I have never referee to him as that. That would be a media creation.

• Lol yea I think because they think it sounds good or grand and kinda dramatic maybe :/

• I never did to be honest.
    That's just pop culture guff that I don't care about.

• Wait.. there's other counties in this world?

• not really

• I certainly do

• why do you think he is the leader of the free world?

• Ever heard of the Russian dream? The Italian dream? I don't think so. It's called the American Dream because the US is still considered the free world.

• Its called the American dream because the U. S named it so. Not so?
      I think i get what you mean, free world means anything is possible there aka the American Dream

• Free world my ass. Wherever we went, we destroyed.

• I refer to the president as the puppet leader of the confused masses of the un-united states.

• I don't even think about him...

• Hell no we don't lol

• I've only ever heard that from pundits.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't think we ever did but currently we do not