Open the first book close to you, choose a page randomly and write here the first sentence you read?

I just came up with the idea and I think that the title explains itself.

Here it goes: "O conjunto assemelhava-se também a um monstruoso candelabro ao longo do qual escorriam gotas de diamante, em fusão."

It means more or less this (poor translation xD): "The set was like a monstruous candle holder which there were drops of diamond streaming on it, in fusion."

What about you? What's your random sentence.

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Girl

• "Usually, she was very good at reading people; noting the slight changes in their expressions, the way they held their bodies, what they did with their hands—combining all these clues to form a more complete picture than what their words alone provided."

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "What the hell are you doing out there in the middle of the fucking desert?"

-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• "Children, follow your mother in her sorrow into your father's house, where the property is in others' hands, and all we have left is the name."

0|1
    0|0
  • "People were climbing over one another to get out."

This was from "Hollow City".

0|1
    0|0
    • Sounds like an exciting part of the book

• Show All
    • Being the fact I attempt to read towards the end on purpose and have to stop myself, yes it is lol

• haha, I confess I tried to to that sometimes as well xD

• "The woman sat at her desk reading the Bible over her lunch hour" it's from Simple Abundance. :)

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Leprechauns are diminutive folk who are found in fair, green lands and enjoy frolicking, working magic, and causing harmless mischeif.

0|1
    0|0