Why do I dislike overweight people?

No, it's not normal to dislike them.
No, I don't hate them.

It's just that I find impossible to find someone overweight attractive. I feel bad for this but that's how it is, let's say they can have the best personality, the personality I love... but their obesity would be an instant turn off for me.

Anyone feels the same? How can I change this? I feel terrible :(

No more anon bullshit.

Most Helpful Guy

• Weight is an indicator of health. If you're TOO SKINNY or TOO OVERWEIGHT, then obviously you are not healthy. People are attracted to healthiness, so it makes sense that they are NOT attracted to the lack of it.

So I think it's perfectly normal not to be attracted to obese people.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's just a personal preference. A lot of people think this way, including other large people. You can't help when turns you on and off,, it's just what it is. As long as you aren't rude to someone because of or about their weight then you don't need to feel terrible about it

• Oh no, I could never be rude to someone for being overweight. I just feel bad about being superficial and not judging the souls.. Just what is outside.

• Also, as an overweight person myself, I don't get upset when someone dislikes my body. As long as they're not rude to me, I completely understand.

• You're a very sweet and beautiful girl. Thanks for your help.

What Guys Said 22

• Same here, they can't keep their body in shape.. Just exudes an unhealthy lifestyle.
    I wouldn't change it. Don't lower your standards so far to settle for fat people.

• I know I shouldn't lower my standards but it feels so wrong to me.

• Because you're 'being mean' by not accepting 'everyone' like the "everyone should be treated nicely", "everyone is beautiful", "everyone is a winner", society wants.

Are you going to maintain your self-being or conform to the times?

"it's not normal to dislike them. " I'd argue it's NATURAL to dislike fat people.

• nah, it's just this guy's character. he likes to wind people up, but then he doesn't have good social awareness.

• So you don't like them physically. It doesn't mean you dislike them, you're just not attracted to them.

• Being obese was incredibly rare a matter of decades ago. Humans aren't meant to look like that in my opinion. There is no shame in being honest that obese/very overweight people are NOT attractive in general. Plenty of overweight people are attracted to other overweight people for obvious reasons, but aside from that, it's okay to be honest about this. This is not to say they of course aren't great people, blahblah. But just talking about attractiveness.

• From you, of all people, I'd have expected more insight here.

You and me are all bout dat #gymlife. In all probability I am way more intense than you, about life in general, but I bet we are both all about go go go go go go go do do do do do do do until we collapse and fall asleep.

I think that's at least part of the knee-jerk reaction.

I mean, let's face it dude, it's really not THAT hard to be... not fat. (Unless you have the ksr2 gene, but, in that case you'd have been 200lbs by the age of 9 or so. Different story.)
      So, when I look at someone who just lets themselves go like that, I guess I just can't help making a subconscious judgment about the level of effort that person puts into life in general. Like, get up and do shit, already!

Also, I tend to approach life in general like a scientist. I'm always open to having my hypotheses proven wrong. And, indeed, if I met a bunch of fat people who were true movers-and-shakers, I'd eat these words, and I would probably (cont'd)

• ... reformulate my whole opinion on fat people in general, too. But, nope. Never met anyone like that, so much. Like, pretty much NO ONE.

This isn't to say I haven't met fat people who aren't genuinely nice, likeable people, because of course I have. But even those people haven't exactly been go-getters. Lots of sitting around, eating and doing nothing. At the end of the day, not my kind of people.

You?

• don't fight it, just continue being you. if you feel bad.. oh well lol. what you can do to remedy your situation is at least do good unto others, that is more than suffice.

• There's nothing wrong with not being attractive to fat people as long as you don't treat them like they're not human.

• Its shallow , but its okay. I feel like that too, intact I am a sexist, racist homophobe too to some extent. But its all fine until I am harming someone or discriminating against someone. It's human to have choices/preferences in their head. But the society refuses to believe so.. Because
    Humanity is Over-rated

• I mean, it's not attractive. (I'm fat, I can say it;))
    No two ways about it.
    I dunno how you move past it.
    Although there's definitely a difference between overweight and obese, and two different mental pictures I associate with them lol
    So if you can't move past an ACTUAL couple of extra pounds I don't know what to tell you, but if someone is really unhealthy, I can't blame you for just not being attracted to it.

• Naw, Can't help that lol
    You are not the most attractive out there at all, But you make up for it with personality :P

• Some would say that physical attraction stems from our primal desires in finding a healthy mate.

• some of my best friends are obese. i don´t know why anybody would "hate" them on a personal level.

• I think its normal. Actually I'm kinda disgusted when I see overweight people eating junk food.

• No, that's normal. Why would you want to change how you feel?

• because your preferences are physical

• people are free to dislike whomever they choose..

• I don't

• doesn't really warrant a question.

classic example of creating issues where none exist.

• Because tall jacked athletic ones are always

• Well its what it is. It is called taste and can't be changed at least can't be changes so easily. Like some women get instantly turned off and find chest and back hairs a huge deal breaker no matter how nice the guy is.

• Eh yeah.. That's also kinda bad for me too lol

• What do you mean with "even you"? Sarcasm maybe?

I'm so bad at understanding sarcasm Lol

• I mean even you are among those females who dislike hairs.

• It's normal you are sexy gym girl, you like gym freaks.
    Yes I am an going anonymous to annoy you 👍😂✌

• You're an intolerant person, it's all it is. People often dislike others simply because of the way they talk, look or dress. One day you will grow up and become more tolerant of others and realize everyone is different and it's okay

• I don't think I'll ever find them attractive tho.

Again... They are people and I respect them if they respect me, but I can't be attracted to that

• its normal to dislike them because you recognize the gross negligence that they allowed to happen to their body

• Completely agree, it's a massive turn off in terms of physical appearance and it shows they have no self control and don't take consequences seriously even when it impacts them, it says a lot about their character.

What Girls Said 13

• I am like 40lbs overweight. hahah Maybe my weight preventing me from other people liking me. But I been several tramatic thing and mental break downs that I am suprises I am not obese. Because to go through this crying and days after day of numbness does have a negative effect. If someone only see my fatness than they aren't really look at all my quality bad and good.

• My bad... I mean something more overweight than that, like very fat.. You're not bad, you're at some point still healthy.

• I guess so. Ya that makes some sense.

• Nothing is wrong with that. Since being over weight means majority of them didn't care to be healthy and take better care of their bodies. So humans normally want someone who looks healthy.

So if the person is obese but has a pretty face. They can easily change that. It would suck more to be over weight and have an ugly face. Since you can change the weight but not the face. :(

It's only bad when you bully anyone for being obese. That or keep doing things to make them feel worse. So it's best to give constructive criticism to the ones you care about the most.

Tell them your a selfish bitch and want them to live longer because of how awesome they are. So you don't want their weight to be the cause of them dying sooner. :D

• Everyone is grossed out by a certain type of person whether it be a physical characteristic or personality trait or whatever. Some people prefer heavier people. Having a preference or a dislike does not make you a good or bad person. You have the right to like or not to like whatever kind of traits anyone has♡

• You don't have to be attracted to them. Now if you're treating them differently because if their weight, that's a different story.

• It is normal and natural to find overweight people unattractive. We are attracted to healthy bodies in general..

• I can't answer it instead of you. I don't feel the same though.

• You shouldn't feel bad for being repulsed by laziness

• Wait, overweight or obese? There's a huge difference.

• So you find me ugly then 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

• Overweight =/= obesity.

Anyway, most people aren't attracted to fat people. You're not anything different.

• Look, you like what you like. Don't feel bad if you don't find them attractive because everybody likes different things. I find overweight women , but with an hourglass shape figure, gorgeous. Now I don't find overweight men attractive at all. i mean it's like how some guys like thick legs and then some like thin. You just like what you like:)

• I also find those girls beautiful.. There are some overweight models I've seen that have that shape and they're beautiful... But I don't know.. Having sex with them doesn't turn me on. It's like.. I wouldn't like to bang them.

• I'd be lying if I disagreed.
    A lot of people don't like to admit it, but your weight IS controllable. Even with the plethora of health conditions and the like, you CAN manage your weight.

Being overweight is an undesirable trait for me as far as relationships go. I'm at the age where I like to think towards the future. Is it really worth it to pursue a long term relationship with someone that could develop sleep apnea, heart issues or diabetes down the line?

Also, it bleeds into personality. I couldn't be with someone who blames the state of their body on everything but themselves. It's a lack of personal accountability. It's a different story if they're actively trying to improve their body (and HAES is bullshit btw) but just sitting down and continuing on like nothing's wrong is just unbecoming.

• To be honest thats kind of how I feel about thin women. It is difficult for me to find most thin women sexy