What type or brand of laptop computer do you recommend?

So I will be in the market for a new laptop here within the next few months. I've had an HP Pavilion g6 for the last 3 years, and I absolutely HATE it. I'm not to savvy when it comes to techy stuff, so any recommendation is appreciated. I don't use it for much, other than Netflix, internet search, and sometimes music & pictures. So space is not a huge concern. I just want one that doesn't have a menstrual cycle every month. Seriously.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are many brands to consider, and the top tier in PC are Dell, Asus, HP, and Lenovo.

Although you've had a bad experience with HP, it more so has to do with the operating system than the hardware. So form factor and design is what differentiates these brands from one another.

In terms of specs, here's what you should look for:
    1. Screen Size (Your preference, 13" is a good size)
    2. Screen Resolution (1920x1080p)
    3. Memory (4gb RAM, no higher than 8)
    4. Processor (Intel Core i3, no higher than i5)
    5. Hard Drive (Flash or SSD, capacity is secondary)

If you follow these specifications, then you'll get a computer that satisfies your needs without paying more for more features you'll never use.

I'd go with a Dell since you don't like HP. Dell's branding has improved.

• hp is junk stop giving her bad advice. dell is just as bad. you dont know how man dells/hps i've had thrown at me due to not booting, black screen of deaths, so on and so forth. lenovos don't break.

• @asker craigslist

drag a computer savvy friend along. that would be my route. i'm sure dasvoz could chime in.

• Search Best Buy. com for Asus laptops and filter results by price, screen size, etc. For 3rd party vendors, you're taking a risk so try to go for models that can be picked up in store.

Refurbished and open-box laptops are usually Geek Squad certified, reducing risk.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would get an asus with an i5 processor :) OH AND STAY AWAY FROM ACER!!!

• Thank you!

• A good Dual core i3 that's 3ghz plus will do no need to spend extra money on an i5 unless you're using multiple programs like photoshop, sony vegas etc.

What Guys Said 8

• Dell and order it through Dell not like best buy. They seem to be cheaper models which happens a lot. I have had mine since 2009 when I graduated from high school. Still works good as the day I bought it.

• I would go with Lenovo, or MacBook. MacBook you could run dual boot and run windows off it too. So you can get best of both worlds.

• I have exactly the same hp laptop as you. If I were going to buy something better I'd probably build my own computer, but if I was just going to watch vids, netflix and pics then I'd get an Ipad. Probably the next computer on my list actually

• Dell. it has decent customer service, spilled water on it 3 times waranty expired after the 2nd time and they did the 3rd fix free. <3

• lenovo or asus

stay away from hp, dell, compaq (they're defunct), etc.

• how much do you want to spend? that's what it comes down to

• I've been incredibly happy with my dell inspiration

• I have apple but if I had to get a Windows it would Asus. I think An Asus laptop around 550 dollars would fit your needs well. Core i3 or i5 is fine. An i7 is overkill for you. Ideally 8gb of ram is what you want but 6gb is fine. 4gb might even worn fine for you too but I'd suggest higher.

• Buy one at Costco. It's really hard to get into Costco. They don't bey junk & have only a 15% markup. Not only that they extend the warranty to 2 years & 2 years tech support at no extra charge.

What Girls Said 1

• Id go with a dell. For what you want to do, should only be ~$300