Should I have an abortion?

I've just found out my baby will be born mentally disabled, should i abort, i need advice on this.
PS: I know it is blue but i selected my gender wrong when setting up this account.

• Yes abort
  • No don't abort

Most Helpful Girl

• It'll be hard raising the kid, but they are still wonderful and cute just like any other. I feel like if you abort you will regret it. I wouldn't. There is nothing wrong being mentally disabled. All children are a gift

• Down syndrome is NOT "wonderful and cute just like any other."

• @REALisRARE Try having a kid screaming at you tell you they want to die due to the disorder they have. See how it makes you feel hearing your own child say that after you brought them into existence. Watching them suffer and hating themselves for what they have. Which some actually do go through with killing themselves. Along with self harming themselves as well.

• @Mustachekitteh I'm really sorry that you feel like that. That must be awful and difficult. However, your case is just a small percentage. I have friends with children who have mental disorders as well, some who are adults now and they aren't like that. Obviously every case would be different. As the mother of a child who had a very short life and would have had some issues, I can assure you that I have never regreted my decision to give her a chance at life. Who am I to deny her that right? That is just me speaking from my experience.

What Girls Said 13

• Trolling I'm sure but just saying doctors are not always right. I have had multiple high risk pregnancies and was told two of my children were likely to had down syndrome... they are fine and healthy without down syndrome. Was told another that my first child's lungs were not formed at all... she was born screaming and crying and breathed on her own for the first few hours. Doctor's are wonderful but not always correct. And that is your child. Obviously we can't answer this question for you but having been in those shoes before I told my doctor to kick rocks when he suggested an abortion to me. Best decision I ever made. Good luck

• WTF, no i am not trolling

• Out of everything that I said that's all you got? Like I said , good luck and if it were me I would have my baby because there is nothing like holding your beautiful angel in your arms.

• I can't decide this for you. I think there are two questions you need to consider.

1. Will a disabled child have a lesser quality of life?

2. Does a mental disability make a child's life less valuable?

Think about those and choose whatever you feel is right.

• Well I am pro choice however I don't support abortion when doing it for the wrong reason, so reasons why you'd want to abort? Can you handle it financially? There are a lot of mentally disabled people in the world so would you abort solely because you don't want to spend the rest of your life caring after your child because they will need you even after "18"? etc.

• What do you mean by mentally disabled? If you mean brain dead and only alive by having just the brain stem. Then yes you should since it's not fair to the kid. Since they wouldn't be truly living. They wouldn't be able to enjoy life or even know they are alive. Plus they won't live long to begin with. Which is sad but still.

• I don't know.. that's a difficult situation.. I can't answer 😔

• really, you don't know what to say

• I wouldn't abort the baby. It'll be hard, so you should ask yourself whether you're relationship with your partner is strong enough, whether you have the money... just choose what's best for you.

• yes
    life is bad enough

• That is what im thinking of doing

• if i was you, i would do it even though it's against my religion

• Yeah it is Down's Syndrome the baby has

• Yes a fetus isn't a full baby yet.

• Don't abort

• If they can determine that, I would expect you to be further along than the point to legally abort?

• no i am not

• @jacquesvol he's right @asker that's why I didn't answer.. might feel wrong but life can be a living hell

• @jacquesvol sorry about your friends. I have two friends as well with children who have down syndrome and they are very happy beautiful fun children. I'm well aware of what down syndrome is, if you read my comment, two of my children were said to have it when I was pregnant (they don't) but I was given much education about as well as doing my own research when I was in the same shoes. Thanks for the information though!

• No. God works miracles so there is always the possibility that the doctor is wrong. Nevertheless it's still murder to put it bluntly.

• Look, your baby may be mentally disabled, but it doesn't mean you should kill it. Just think about it, you MADE that baby, even if it's disabled. Be happy you are able to make babies!! I know some people who actually can't and they want babies. Trust me, your baby will still be as beautiful and amazing as every single other baby :)

• You should abort the retarded fetus, but it might be difficult to take it out through your dick.

• haha did you not read, i a girl but put my gender down wrong by mistake when i signed up

What Guys Said 5

• I think you should. You don't have to and I would commend your humanitarianism if you kept it but I'm pretty sure anyone would understand if you had an abortion.

• I would get an abortion since it is unfair to let ur baby come into this world with a problem and have disadvantage in life. Also the baby will never be normal and will always be looked upon differently and it will be long and hard to take care of. So I recommend to give it up. Try again. Also most women and men who voted not to do it are hypocrites and would probably have one if they were in your position so god bless you and I hope u make the good choice what ever it will be.

• Thats up for you to decide on what is best for you and your partner

• I would abort it' going to put a serious stress on your relationship you're going to have to be constantly caring for your child, most people do abort when they've been told these things and who can blame someone for wanting a healthy well adjusted child that can have a good and normal life without you having to constantly worry.

• Request for legal abortion!