Who was the closest person to you who has died?

How'd they die?

Most Helpful Guy

• My oldest brother pass away just last Nov 2015. Still trying to wrap my head around the fact. We weren't extremely close as our age difference was about 16 years and he lived in another city for most of his life and mine. But, there is that persistent, shitty, annoying twinge of heavy pain in my heart that I can't get over. Probably never will. I miss him even though I didn't know too much about him as a brother should. That might be the reason why I do miss him the most. Didn't get more time to get closer to him or a chance. Never take for granted who's in your life right now and appreciate the time we have with them. It can go in an instant without warning.

Most Helpful Girl

• My mom fell terminally ill and died within a year of diagnosis. It was a very aggressive and haunting experience. She got a disease no one had ever heard of and so it wasn't respected the same as diseases like cancer. A lung transplant could've given her a few more years to at least see my sister graduate high school. It didn't happen. Her heart failed because her lung failed and all her organs failed after. In the end, she was only living because of machines. I had to make the decision to let her go. It is still sometimes hard to grasp how our life went from so normal to so upside down so quickly.

What Guys Said 23

• Does it count if he came back to life? haha But my friend I've known for 16 years now recently got a horrible case of pneumonia, his heart stopped, and they resuscitated him. He's doing well now!

I've also had many loved pets over the years pass away :(

• My closest female friend was murdered a month before our high school graduation. A pervert murdered her. It was a coworker of hers. Thought she wasn't gonna be home so he broke in and stole her under. She came home and found him and he beat her to death.

• None as such.

• One of my really close friends. He started having trouble breathing, and the doctors diagnosed him with pneumonia, but a week later he ended up in teh e. r. they found a bunch of blood clots in his lungs. they told him theyd have him out in a week. Instead he died in a week.

• Grandma. Overexertion or old age. I was not told details. I hate when older members of the family do this.

• My father died of cancer 18 months ago.

• My dog. I put him down.

• My mom and she died of breast cancer because a doctor ignored a lump under her breast and we never received any justice for her because the court in our state is jury rigged.

• My uncle. He burned alive in a bad car accident.

• I'm in NYC cause my grandmother was given 1-2 weeks left.

• In terms of emotionally its a toss up between my Grandfather who died of cancer. My best friend from the age of 5 who died in a bike accident. In terms of proximity I was in a club and someone got stabbed to death right next to me. If you are dealing with personal grief my humblest of apologies. My advice is humour and the willingness to continue on are what get you through. By all means reflect but not negatively.

• mufasa... he fell

• My dog that had multiple seizures in front of me, all I could do is hold her and try to make her feel safe. She didn't make it

• Grand parents

• My hopes and dreams

Cause of death: student loans

• My grandma. It was lung cancer.

• my grandmother.
    and my cousin in a car accident but I wasn't very close to him

• my mother

• My grandmother

• My dad because of an accident

• Grandma, old age

• Grand mother, ovarian cancer anout 8 years ago. I was very young and didn't get to know her much.

• Best friend from HS. Enlisted together. He went on a deployment before me. Got blown up in Afghanistan at 18. His parents had to sign for him because he was 17 when he went in like me. Five years later and I still visit. They are dead inside and you can just see it in their eyes. Kills me so much. It's fcking war though what you are you going to do. What we signed up for.

What Girls Said 25

• Nobody super close to me has died, fortunately. The closest would probably be my grandma's cousin, because of old age I guess.

• My best-friend. She had an allergy to eggs. She always payed attention on what she's eating, but that day, I don't know they probably told her there was no egg, but there was maybe some mayonnaise or something. She died of an allergy reaction, her boyfriend urged to her dorm room trying to save her but she died in his arms...

• that's so sad... :'(

• @Yumix I know, I did't get the chance to tell her goodbye, and I was in denial when I found out, I started texting her non stop I thought people were trying to fool me or something..

• My father. He died from Cancer a few months ago. I still miss him everyday. There's still times i wish I could just phone him or call In to see him, and just chat like old times. He wasn't just my father, but my best friend too😞😢

• My Grandpa! (was truly sad)

and in non human.. My cat. (was the most heartbreaking and devastating emotion i've experienced) He was with me always always.

I cannot even imagine if someone who's even closer to me on a more personal level, would to pass away,... i don't think I could live happily thereon after... it's an awful thought... that I do not hope to experience..

• I lived with my father in law for 4 months, he died of cancer

• My grandma! xoxo

• Although I've lost all my grandparents now the closest to me was my grandma who died 18 years ago from cancer. I still miss and think about her all the time. I look very much like her except she was a tall dancer lol!

• Another hard one was a friend of mine who died from a sudden stroke 3 years ago. We're only 3 months apart in age. That one tears me up everytime I see her kids.

• No one who is close to me had died.

• Both my mom and my dad. Him in a car accident in 2008 and her due to complications from back surgery in 2009.

• It was my mum and she died from a asthma attack.

• My great grandpa died of a stroke. I was actually closer to him than many people get to their great grandparents. He was only 72 and this was 9 years ago.

• I haven't had anyone close to me die. Well, my grandmother died but we weren't close... unless if you mean relative.

• The latest person was my sister. Last February. She died from complications from a seizure.

• my dad. we were 2 peas in a pod.

• My father passed on a few years back. CANCER.

• My parents in a multiple car accident many years ago

• My big brother died 3 years ago. He was shot 11 times, because he was mistaken for someone else.

• Does my dog count? To me she was a person! She had a tumor that no one knew about and it bursted!

• Too many people to list

• Plenty of people I'm related to have died, but I wasn't close to any of them.
    So I guess none

• my mom, last 2 years... for stomach cancer
    and she's died just 5 months after diagnosed with that..

• My great grandpa or my aunt

• Grandpa, cancer.

• my dad.
    2nd Heart attack.
    1st one caused him to lose 80% functionality of his heart. I want not with him both these times.

• My parents, both of which died in a car wreck caused by a drunk driver...