Is it normal to be fascinated by morbid things (interviews with serial killers, true crime documentaries etc)?

I've spent hours reading up on Jaycee Lee Dugard, the woman who was held captive for 18 years. As well as the three girls held captive in Cleaveland for 10... I've also seen all the interviews of the famous serial killers, and study what happened.

Is it normal to be fascinated with this stuff?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I'm fascinated by that stuff too, cause I try to figure out WHY they did what they did. What made them do that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Totally normal! I watch documentaries on serial killers all the time! I would never go out and murder anyone, I'm just interested in why they did it, and also the facts of the case. I find that kind of stuff interesting.

It's totally normal to have obsessions with these types of things.

What Guys Said 3

• It's normal. Nothing wrong about wanting to learn the depths of the human mind, speciallly the twisted part of it.

• Nah, it's normal, lots of people like bizarre things.

• It's interesting stuff

What Girls Said 1

• It's fairly normal. It's the reason crime shows are so popular, and it is what motivates a lot of people who work in law enforcement to go into that field.