Do you assume everyone is straight unless they say otherwise?

  • Yes
    56% (19)74% (28)65% (47)Vote
  • No
    44% (15)26% (10)35% (25)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
17|12

Most Helpful Girl

  • I never assume someone's sexuality upon meeting them. When I meet people, I try to see them as people and, actually, will bring something up on occasion about a guy that I used to/currently am into so that they can tell without having to ask me, hoping that they reciprocate. Nowadays though, people just tend to assume unless they're told otherwise- probably because 9 out of 10 people in an average group are straight, hence with those numbers there's a 90% chance you're meeting someone that's straight and figure it'll only be awkward if that person is the 10%.

    0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

  • I don't assume anything.

    99.9% when I'm talking to someone their sexual orientation is irrelevant.

    2|4
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

  • How someone dresses and their mannerisms also tells me whether they are "straight" or "flamboyant" or "gay".

    0|2
    1|2
    • Not always. Some gay men are very traditionally "masculine".

    • Show All
    • I get what you mean.

      But understand I am using a computer not giving a world wide speech.

      Most people would know I did not mean it that way

  • I really don't care. The only time I would wonder their orientation is if I was interested in them and even then I don't make assumptions.

    0|1
    1|0
  • More or less yes, unless they show obvious signs of attraction towards people of the same sex. Though this is not really something I think a lot about because I don't care about other people's sexualities.

    0|2
    0|0
  • No. I keep my mind open.

    0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I do assume some people are straight, but there are plenty of people I have assumed are gay, haha.

    0|1
    0|0
  • Well.. When it's too obvious I kinda imagine.

    0|2
    0|0
  • Why would I even be thinking about this, one way or the other?

    0|1
    0|0
  • I guess so. It's not typically something I think about in general when I meet people. But the odds are in your favor to assume that.

    0|1
    0|0
  • Nah I assume everyone's gay. It's fun to see their reaction when I tell them "Oh.. so you're not gay?"

    0|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't make assumptions about someones sexuality, period.

    0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I do

    0|1
    1|1
  • I do not make assumptions about people ssexual choice. So I do not really think about it.

    0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, unless it's clear that they aren't.

    0|1
    0|0
  • Not most of the time. I don't think about that unless they mention their boyfriend or girlfriend, or if they just act like a stereotypical gay person, then I'll be honest, then I'll assume they are gay. But otherwise not really.

    0|1
    1|0
  • I don't really assume anything of another person, so I don't know them.

    0|1
    0|0
  • No i dont assume anything...

    0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

  • Nah I don't make assumptions without evidence anymore. I've had crushes on a handful of women who turned out to be lesbians in the past so I no longer jump to conclusions.

    0|1
    0|0
  • I wait until it becomes obvious but it doesn't phase me what people are

    0|1
    0|0
  • Of course. Being straight is the norm and thus I go under the assumptation that the person I am dealing with is straight until told or observed otherwise. Why would I not?

    1|1
    1|1
    • How is being straight the norm to you?

    • Show All
    • It's just as realistic to just not assume anything.

    • Actually that is very unrealistic. People assume. It's a inherent biologica trait to asses other people and who they and what they are. And being straight is in fact the norm and assuming the norm is as natural as it gets.

  • I don't really care.

    0|1
    0|0
  • What annoys me is when people decide they know your own sexuality better than you, and tell you you are something when you're not.. Like, yeh ovbviously you know me better than myself... not

    0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, yes I do, actually.

    0|1
    0|0
  • Generally, yes. I assume they are straight.

    0|1
    0|0
  • If they aren't obvious, then yes.

    0|1
    0|0
  • Unless they say otherwise or they make it obvious via their appearance or behavior.

    0|1
    0|0
  • or unless they look like a gay guy or lesbian. not hard to spot,. you know.

    0|1
    0|1
  • I can't tell whether they r straight or gay unless they tell me...

    But CHANCES r they r straight since MOST people r straight... and it has nothing to do wid da way of dressing...

    0|1
    0|0
Loading...