How do I go about getting a job as a mi5 agent?

Hi I just wondered how do I go about getting a job as a mi5 agent. Im 24 years old now I know it takes along time to get in to any sort of job like this I don't expect this to happen over night. Where do i go about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• You could potentially get a job as an intelligence analyst, but you'd need to have gone to college on a major related to something that intelligence agencies care about: law, foreign relations, language, accounting, nuclear or bio research, etc. But, despite what you see in movies, analysts don't go into the field on assignments.

What you're talking about isn't being an analyst, but rather an "agent", which is properly called an "intelligence OFFICER." The typical path for that is to be an elite soldier with a focus on intelligence, and some schooling and languages don't hurt. At your age, if you aren't well on your way through this path, it's almost certainly too late.

Most Helpful Girl

• Typically you would start with joining the military.

• Honestly, you probably don't want to be a Military Intelligence Agent anyway. Military Intelligence Agents deal with the most vile, insane, barbaric, horrific situations known to mankind. They keep a roof over their head by going to work and seeing the results of this world's most depraved individuals. Sometime they even work along side of them.

What Guys Said 7

• It isn't too late for someone in their mid-20s (and this is true of every security and intelligence service) but it's totally dependent on the individual. If you have desirable traits, knowledge, skills, training, you might find a position. If not, you could still work at MI5, just not as an agent, but maybe as support staff, clerical, etc.

• 0|1
  • You won't make it... to be an elite you have to have started young and know the right people. Or be exceptional at what you do, best out of the bunch but thats unlikely since your almost past your prime

• probably have to go to cambridge or such, or at least start applying for police departments and then move up... or just apply online

• Well, I o believe that you should have started @ 15 and gone to a military school...

• sorry it's classified I can't tell you on here.

• Probably graduate with a degree in finances or something similar to that since fraud is usually the main things they deal with.

What Girls Said 0