Ok, different approach: would you rather make $100,000/year working for someone else or $50,000/year working for yourself?

• $100,000 working for someone else
  • $50,000 while self employed

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as the boss treats me well I would rather work for someone else even if the pay was the same. I don't want the stress of being self employed.

• ok. I can see that. a lot of people don't want the responsibility. I want to start a business of my own, but have never taken managing positions I was offered because I didn't want that type of responsibility. though, I realize now, it would have been good experience.

Most Helpful Girl

• Self employed, because if I run it I can always make more. Working for someone else means I have to do their schedule and they can let me go @ any time. I already do that for min. wage and it's terrible. After taxes, 100K is only about 65K (?). But I think U can get a better deal on self employed taxes right? because U can write off expenses.

I'd like an online job so I wouldn't need top have business loans though.

What Guys Said 13

• Always self employed. You will always be happier I believe

• I'm fine with either to be honest and to be honest I actually do both already I'm going to school to be a professional trainer or personal trainer as they are more commonly known which allows me to actually do either one of those and I am also writing a book of poetry to publish slowly as well as learning classical oil painting and selling my work.

• I much prefer working by myself - I hate being part of team - I would be so much happier worth the pay cut

• oh, that's interesting. why do you hate being part of a team?

• I much prefer working on my own and even if I am part of a team, I will pick the role with least interaction with the others and least reliance on others. I find it hard to rely on other people and prefer to be responsible for my own work and not let anyone else near it.

• LMFAO, 50k working for myself, cause once I make that amount of money I would know where to put my money to (invest) to make even more collections.

• I'm curious, what kind of stuff do you want to invest in?

• A small percentage goes to stocks, others goes to small businesses or organizations because I can't put massive amounts on those things, it would cause a huge strain on pockets.

• 50K while self employed

• Depends, I can be very patriotic (My frequent disagreements with my country are disagreements with MY country) and 100,000 dollars a year working for the government would be a lot of money working for uncle sam,
    Otherwise, probably 50,000 while self employed

• $100,000 working for someone else if the hours are reasonable and I'm allowed to later on quit the job when I have saved up enough to invest in real estate.

Otherwise, $50,000 while self-employed.

• Keep slaving for someone else until you can make a lot more working for yourself.

• Life is what u make of it

• Be humble

• 100k. less work less stress

• most jobs paying that much have long hours and are high stress.

• it's more likely your own business would be less stressful for you.

• in the real world business owners aren't guaranteed a paycheck.

• Someone else. ain't nothing to keep me honest if i do it myself.

• why would working for yourself cause you to become dishonest?

• Working for someone else means that if i dont do my job properly, i could get fired.

There is less incentive to do so when i am my own boss.

• Work for someone else because I doubt 50 000 would even start to cover the cost of any buisness where u live

• that's profit, not sales.

• Oilfield town by Alberta Canada if you want to buy a house 300 000 minimum so that's 4000 a month just in morgages and property tax payments plus trucks and food and whatever other toys you want

• yea, the area of the US where I live has the highest quality of living without being so overpriced in most areas. plus Canada is cold. I can't see the appeal if living where you do.

What Girls Said 4