What do you think about animal testing?

Certain companies test their products out on animals which could chemically burn them and stuff like that. Do you agree or disagree with that?
I mean I think its sad, but what else are you supposed to test it on?

Most Helpful Girl

• All pharmaceutical companies test on animals (usually on mice or rats) before testing on humans. I have to say this, a human life costs more than a mouse's life, it's the truth. We need animal testing to be able to put medicine out there for the public and save potentially millions of lives.

In other fields such as cosmetic companies I do think there should be ways to restrict or reduce animal testing. Besides, cosmetics aren't necessary for human survival.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• I think it;s horrible, I'm really mindful of the make up I use, and usually purchase brands that are cruelty free.

• Humans. They should test it on willing human beings rather than potentially inflicting pain on defenceless animals.

• you're not familiar with the process. They test it on humans as well. However in the pre clinical testing phase it needs to be tested on animals because like @DocRim said human lives are expensive. If something happens to the individual the company would have to pay millions to their family. Drugs need to be as cheap as possible.

• Well question is open to all examples but yes I focused on pharmaceutical industry cause it's the most important in my eyes!

• @DocRim yeah I guess that is more important to the world. I thought it was more about cosmetics i. e. stuff that wouldn't be lethal to the humans or animals.

• Assuming we're talking about cosmestics - makeup, shampoo, cleaning products, things like that: It's something I'm really passionate about tbh. I don't buy anything that's tested on animals (there's plently of alternatives so that's not even an excuse, clearly it's not a must anymore).

• I think it's better than human testing. They have a week all the human who was testing medicine were sick. So I think It's better to do it on animals.

What Guys Said 4

• Lol I I was just offered a job where one of my duties would be killing hundreds of mice a week. Didn't take it.

• Think of it this way, they don't purposely make that product to harm the animal. The people who make the product know what works and what doesn't for the most part, so they know that if they combine these 3 ingredients together it burns the skin. They do attempt to avoid it.

• Well animal test is done a lot more than just for cosmetic products. There's important stuff like science and medication which is absolutely needed unless you want live human testing without any clue as to how it will affect them. That is some nazi shit right there.

• I think it's wrong, although I use shampoo products so...