Highschool are the ___ years of your life?

So I always hear people say that highschool is either the best years or the worst, what were they for you?

• Best
  • Worst

Most Helpful Girl

• The worst.

I'm only 20 now and I'm so far finding college to be existential crisis-y 'cause you have to be responsible for getting yourself to do work, as well as looking after yourself on a basic level which for a lot of people will be for the first time, and time seems to be moving much faster, and hanging onto friends takes a little more effort, and the pressure's on to be ready for your future

But high school is kind of like living in the comments section of a YouTube video; like there's a lot of frustrated, bored, people who're unfiltered 'cause they're immature and don't empathise well yet. And it's this peculiar social situation you don't really find elsewhere where you're forced together with all these people who also don't really want to be there and who you have little in common with other than age and geography. Schools are very, very petty; not just in the cliquey nature of friendship groups there either; in general - there are tonnes of rules that are just there to demonstrate that you're under the thumb of the administration, teachers are pretty often very petty to one another as well as to students (my Mum's theory is this is because a lot of teachers have never been outside of educational environments so they really don't get that the rules of the 'real world' are a bit different). Also you're a teenager in high school so you're having to deal with mood swings and sleep deprivation ('cause teenagers need 9-10 hours of sleep but very few actually get that) and acne and all that delightful crap. Plus just the fact that you spend so much of the time not wanting to be there, learning stuff you don't care about; at least once you survive it you'll have more choice

To anyone who's in high school, of course I hope you answered 'best' (and I in no way resent you for being as popular and good looking as you probably are if you did :') ), but if you said 'worst' you're definitely not alone. I'm sorry you're having a shitty time :( , but you're going to be okay, hang in there <3

Most Helpful Guy

• Most boring years of my life

What Girls Said 15

• Best. I had great friends, fun classes, cool teachers, and when all is said and done I actually miss high school sometimes. My only regret is not being able to take the other classes I never had room for.

• Worst. Hands down. I personally think if HS is the best years of your life, then you seriously need to reevaluate your life. I'm not saying this out of bitterness because they weren't/aren't the best years of mine, but if you haven't had better years since being out of high school, then you must have peaked.

• Worst. For sure. I don't think it can get much worse than what I'm going through right now.

• High school wasn't that bad for. I think that the absence of guys played a big part in that. Sure I had my issues with some girls and the curriculum was rough because I went to a magnet school. But we had a lot of different activities that counteracted that. And those made for memories that I'll never forget it. So I voted A.

Now, don't ask me about middle school.

• High school is the sleepiest years of your life.

• Fucking hate high school lol

• ... Most pointless...

• Neither. Most "average" years. Before then I was really popular. But once I got to high school I didn't care too much about popularity it seemed.

• Worst. High school sucked lol.

• High school was great. Best point of my life so far.

• I'm not done high school, but it's been pretty shitty

• the best!! i loved high school!

• Most boring...

• it has it's pros n its cons

• Neither...

What Guys Said 11

• Fuckin' dumbest years, but i became a really good fighter because of it and no one fucked with me, i also gained a ton of height and muscle too, so idgaf:3

• neither. it is what you make it. i liked high school (at least the 1st 3 years), but college is better than high school in about every way possible except the work is slightly harder

• High school sucks. I didn't get bullied or anything, but the kids were so goddamn vapid. I tried to focus on my classes (all of which were too easy for me anyway) with screaming shitheads in the background, then went home. Graduation was great, knowing I would never see most of them again.

College is where the fun starts.

• The best and the worst.

• Awkward

• The best years of my daymn life

• Honestly was so bored. Loved college

• "awkward" definitely awkward years of my life.

• Worst. I was one of the bullies/bullied people. College ended up being not as tough for me so yeah there is my two cents for you over here. I rather not bring up anything more.

• Most over rated and hyped up

• easiest... you have so much time in school.