Why when the animal rights debate comes up do meat eaters always say "I'm not eating grass"?

1. Like that's the only alternative besides meat

2. If you eat corn, wheat, oats or rice on a regular basis then YOU DO EAT GRASS!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's an argument that truly doesn't hold weight. Some may be referring to the "taste" of certain products as well that imitate meat though and that I do think is reasonable.

I would never be able to give up my ribs, burgers, and wings for some fake protein.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mostly because we get so sick and tired of listening to animals rights wackos that being serious isn't worth the effort anymore.

• We're wackos, why? because we're against the systematic slaughter of 150 billion animals every single year for no other reason than culinary satisfaction -_-

LOL flawless logic, the only reason you resort to such rhetoric is because you know there is no justification for your actions. You're just like creationists who say "I'm not a monkey"

• Animal poplulations have evolved to cope with hunting pressure. Hunting quotas are carefully set to prevent over hunting, and are rarely met anyway.
      And no I dont give a flying fuck about your argument. I never said the case for eatig meat was stronger than the case against it.
      But until it becomes illegal, you can take your argument and shove it up your ass. Have a nice day.

• "But until it becomes illegal, you can take your argument and shove it up your ass. Have a nice day." News flash, slavery was legal, the Native American genocide was legal, that never made it justifiable. Well I guess we can see how feeble the grounds of your moral system (or lack there of is).

What Girls Said 2

• "Why when the animal rights debate comes up do meat eaters always say "I'm not eating grass"?"

I've never uttered these words.

• I've literally never heard anyone say that...

What Guys Said 5

• ikr, they can always say "i'm not eating a vegan meatball sub" instead of saying grass.

bee-tee-dubs, that shit is fucking delicious.

• 0|0
    • Well I like eating meat and eggs too and nothing will ever change that...

... It's just that I no longer have my head stuck so far up my own ass that I would think that my culinary satisfaction could justify the cruelty present in the meat industry.

• I pretty much only eat meat.

• No they just don't understand the different vegan meals possible my favorite is gluten free black bean burgers

• You can keep your gluten free black bean burgers, I'll just be over here enjoying a steak.

• Thats a pretty good setup you've got, my parents had a little farm like that when I was younger.
      I dont mind eating vegetarian much of the time, I just get mad when people like the question asker condemn me for it when they dont know what the hell they're talking about.

• @Redstang88 I know exactly what I'm talking about, yet you have shown a complete lack of even a basic understanding of this topic.

• Yeah but they mean, they're not eating fresh green grass straight from the ground.