When someone says 'you can be honest with me', do you accept the invite, or be wary in the knowledge that 'conditions apply'?

' Conditions apply'- meaning if you say anything they do not like, you will get grief :(

Most Helpful Girl

• If they feel like they have to ANNOUNCE that? You tell me, kid. (:

Analogy: Yr about to sign a contract, and the guy beams and says "You can trust me!" Do you still sign that contract?
    Hope not.

What Girls Said 8

• I am known in my social circle for being straithforward and blunt, but always with the best intentions. I will not sugarcoat shit or tell you what you want to hear.
    Of course, I turn it down a notch when it can potentially really hurt someones feelings and "break" something within them. In that case I adjust the delivery a bit, and handle their gentle soul with more diplomacy than usual.
    Nobody has to tell me "you can be honest with me" because I am regardless.
    I have lost some "friends" because of this, but I have really really good ones thanks to it as well. I guess, if someone can't handle the truth once in a while, they have no business being my friend anyway ;-)

• I don't Kiss and tell, let us put it this Way... I am Wary of many people and trust very few, except for a Choice One or Two.
    Good luck. xx

• I think they generally mean they want you to be tactfully honest rather than brutally honest. So I do think conditions apply 😄

• has any one told you-you look like Pat Benatar?

• I'm nothing like her. Has any one told you look like...

• It depends on the question; if a woman who is 9 months pregnant asks "Do I look big in this? Be honest," I would not expect the guy to reply "You are 9 months pregnant and would look big in a circus tent". I would lie in said circumstance.

• This is something that's a trap like when someone says: "Can I ask you something? " I always say no. It confounds people. I guess they expect me to say yes? They want to push your boundaries with a question like that. So when someone tells you that you can be totally honest with them, they are lying to both you and themselves. Who do you know you can be totally honest with and they won't get any kind of offended? Most people can't even be honest with themselves.

• I'm honest with people no matter what. They don't need to prompt me to be honest with them.

• Most times when you hear that they really don't want to hear your honest opinion.

• I have learned the hard way that conditions apply in some cases...😑

What Guys Said 6

• I'm usually characterized as a pretty blunt person, but still require to lie sometimes. When I'm told this, I'm usually completely honest with my response.

However, if there's still stuff I don't want really want people to know (usually personal stuff and not really related to a No or Yes) I keep them to myself.

A girl I had just met once invited me over with her friends, and told her I would think about it and wasn't sure. She offered the invite, and I straight said "No, I don't really want to go." because it was too 'soon'.

• Always be wary; you can't trust anyone.

• I always found that saying kind of redundant. If I can trust someone then there's no need to say it. If someone jas to say thatbthan I'm probably not comfortable around them enough to trust them withbany personal information

• I would weigh up my audience before divulging what I thought and go as far as is comfortable or as far as necessary. Any ensuing argument affects both people so why go there unnecessarily

• I would say only say you can be honest with me if you can actually take the criticism.

• I'm always honest. I'm not always forthcoming