If you had to choose to live without one of your five senses, which one would you give up?


If you had to choose to live without one of your five senses, which one would you give up?

  • Sight
    0% (0)8% (1)4% (1)Vote
  • Smell
    36% (4)58% (7)48% (11)Vote
  • Hearing
    9% (1)8% (1)9% (2)Vote
  • Taste
    55% (6)26% (3)39% (9)Vote
  • Touch
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
1|5

Most Helpful Guy

  • I actually sort of live without one of the five senses. I've been almost blind since I was born (I'm completely blind on my left eye and I see about 5% (out of a "normal" 100%) on my right eye). In your poll, I chose "smell".
    Because I know what it is like to mostly live without sight, I know how tough it is. Many people are not aware of this fact but get this: according to scientific research, we do about 80%(!) of EVERYTHING we do in our daily lives with just one sense (or mainly with that one sense): sight. The other four senses are used only for the other 20% of activities. If you don't see anything or very, very little such as me, you encounter all kinds of problems in everyday life that people with healthy eyes don't even think about. Take transportation as an example: being almost completely blind, I'm obviously not allowed to drive a car or indeed, ride any kind of motorized vehicle. Luckily, I live in a country with one of the best public transport systems in the world. But still, it makes life a lot harder at times.
    Also, because I have a tiny bit of sight left, I am very, very grateful for that. I treat my eyes like raw eggs because I want to keep my vision for as long as possible. I'm only 27. There's so many things I want to see. Most of all, I really want to see what my future children with my girlfriend will look like. We're an interracial couple and everyone keeps telling us that we're gonna have beautiful children... it would hurt so much not to be able to seem them even a single time.
    As for the other senses: I would certainly not choose touch or hearing either. Both of these senses are very, very important in my daily life because my vision is so bad. I wouldn't want to miss them. I also love music and it's not something I'd want to be without. And even touch - frequently underrated - is an absolutely amazing sense. Just imagine you couldn't feel your big love anymore when you pet over his/her skin. Or imagine all the practical problems: how are you gonna lift a cup if you don't feel it?
    As for taste: I'm a big foodie. I love cooking and eating. It's not one of the most important senses but it's a very neat one. Smell is something I could go without I think. It's not so important to me. I certainly would be up for a trade, getting more eyesight and decreasing my sense of smell.

    1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

  • Taste because I can't do without smell, touch, hearing, and sight. Although, I do love cooking.

    1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

  • I would pick smell

    1|0
    0|0
  • Smell. Its already receding according to scientific American. After a bit of time we will lose it completely because we don't use it at all

    1|0
    0|0
  • i could live without smell, for me it is almost dead anyway

    1|0
    0|0
  • My sixth sense. I could live without seeing dead people.

    1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

Loading...