"You've been hacked" pop up on my phone. I'm concerned?

So I was on my phone last night and I went on a free movie streaming website, that I had used many times before on my computer. My phone gets pop ups all the time, and it's never caused any damage. Anyway, clicked on a link for something, when all the sudden my phone started vibrating erratically. I received a pop up, supposedly from Google, saying that I was being hacked and that I had a few seconds to do something to fix it (I forgot what that something was). I closed out of it immediately and cleared my search history where i saw that the pop up was under a tab called "mobapps. com" or something like that. Anyway I've heard of popups similar to this being fake but I'm just wondering if this one was real. Since then I've had no signs that my phone has been hacked but I'm still concerned.

Most Helpful Guy

• I get those pop ups like every 30 mins when surfing on sites unlike gag or facebook. it's just the new way to scare people there is like no real use in hacking someones phone (only if that phones has saved some bank data which is unlikely). nobody ever hacked my pc and I am not running a security programm rather than just my firewall.

I feel it's more likely to have trojan bots or else when using an antivirus programme than just leaving it the way it is, my last HDD was corrupted as hell bluescreens all the time and that shit always had an uptodate G-Data

What Guys Said 3

• bro its fake lol

• i suggest you download and run its worked for me in the past
    https://www.malwarebytes.org/

• nah if you get a pop up telling you to do something it IS the virus/hacker just close of out of it and go on about your day

What Girls Said 0