How can I turn off my mind?

I think way too much, alright? I replay scenarios inside my head and make myself believe the shit I make up. It makes me go crazy. I don't exactly know how to explain it but it's almost maddening. There's only so much I can take before I start crying because I can't stop. I need advice to help calm myself down when this happens. I'm sorry it's so vague but if I go into detail, y'all are going to think I need to be on medication or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• You sound like a fellow OCPD (obsessive compulsive personality disorder). I assure you nothing works better than medication in this case, I was treated for it and I promise it works like a charm. At first I was concerned that I might lose a part of myself if I took any medication, but you just get better at focusing and calming yourself down.

So my suggestion is take this information to a physician/psychiatrist, if your case is anything like mine (and it sounds like it, by any chance, do you find yourself to be overly empathetic with other people? obsessing about what they're going through and how you would feel?) you can make do with only medication and no behavioral therapy.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Really engross yourselfbinto a hobby or activity