Does a person have the right to take his own life?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Legally, or ethically? Legally it depends on your area. Ethically it depends on each persons views on the matter. If you are asking for our opinion if people should have a right to end their own life, then yes I think a person should have that right. There are some horrible things people just shouldn't have to live through.

I don't feel it is immoral to make a decision about your own life, just because it might hurt the feelings of others. It does however matter how they attempt to kill themselves. It should be done in a way that it won't directly harm anyone else such as crashing your car into others and hurting other people in the process.

Most Helpful Girl

• "B" for Bad...
    God says it is a Sin in the Bible to Take One's own life and A Person will Not have a Chance... To Try and Make Heaven their Home.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 9

• Depends on the jurisdiction you're in, but in most of the United States, no they don't have the right.

SHOULD they have the right is a different question. I think if they are consulting with a medical professional, yes they should. Just to throw a blanket statement like everyone one should is careless.

• In most countries, yes, suicide is not illegal.

I think these should exist:
    static.planetminecraft.com/.../...booth8478898.jpg

• Not in the United States you don't. There are countries where you can choose to die though. I think people should have the right to die depending on the circumstance.

• if they don't wanna live anymore, that's their choice

• nope that's GOD life, no one owns there own life, everyone is accountable for what they do too there body including me

• what's wrong?

• No of course not, lol XD

• I think so.

• You were correct with your sentence until you went from "person" to "his". Just like keeping the tense of the sentence the same, do so as well with keywords that are relevant to the topic.

In some places, no they do not.

• I thought that would be proper use of the universal "he".

• It is about one person's life. Therefore it is singular, and proper use of the universal he. "Their" means plural. She used "person" which is singular. Thus, "he" is the proper pronoun.

• Yes.

What Girls Said 4

• Of course. Your body is your own. Everyone should seek out help if they're feeling suicidal. But if they see no improvement or no way out, I wouldn't blame them for going out on their own terms.

• No it's not.

When you kill yourself you are killing a person and killing someone is murder.

• I believe so, yes.

• Yes...
    ...