What the hell should I buy to a 7 year old kid?

We had a meeting today at work, and my boss was present. One of his sons (seems to be the youngest) is on his birthday today.

After finishing the meeting, I stayed with a couple of co-workers talking to our boss. His kid was there too at that moment. And my kiss ass co-workers gave fucking presents to the kid and I sat there like an idiot and I lied... Yes, I felt uncomfortable and I lied about the fact that I didn't even know about the existance of this child and that he was celebrating his birthday. I said "I have a present for you too, I'll bring it later after the break!" and we just jept normally talking.

It was a very idiotic thing to do but really I need to run to buy some shit right now and I have no idea what to give to him.

Any ideas please?

Great ideas. Thanks everyone, with this info I have what I need. Thanks again!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahah I like that you think on your toes. Go get him one of those remote control helicopters. Haha the cheaper ones, they're like $20 but they're fun. If you're looking for something cheaper, maybe a nerf gun.

Most Helpful Guy

• Something star wars or spider man related.

• I was thinking of this actually. Hopefully it's cool for the parents you never know these days.

• If he's the youngest son, they'll be fine.

Freaking out over toys being too violent or whatever is a first-child move. They'll have lost that battle long ago, if they even tried ;)

What Girls Said 6

• Well, think about when you were a 7 year old kid.

They love cars, trucks, action figures, kid tablet (there's lots of sale), a family board game (for kid's his age), card (with money in it).

Just whatever you do, don't get him clothes.
    No 7 year old kid will be excited about that.

• Well you've ought to know what the kid likes first, and maybe if you remember what gifts your co-workers got him you can get an idea. Usually though a seven year old likes dinosaurs or cars, or at least my little brother does. So, going off of that, a plastic toy car/dinosaur? Or maybe legos? Don't know if this will help but...

• I'm very inclined with the car lego (not the bigger ones) or something remote control. Actions figures are awesome too, but kids these days aren't into that I think. I don't know :/

• Coloring books, sword (my brother is close to 7 and keeps asking for one), remote control car, hot chocolate (he loves the peppermint one), watch (any kind), paint, playdoh

• Swords, remote control cars... Sound alike. How about action figures?

• Yeah, he will like it.

But if he is like my brother, he will get bored after playing with it for 2 days.

• A minion, every kid loves minions :D

• Legos 😀😀

• How about LEGOs? Like a LEGO Star Wars mini set or something.

Or maybe this LEGO ferrari set?

www.toysrus.com/.../index.jsp

I go with LEGOs just because he can build and play. It's kind of creative if it's regular but not sure if he likes cars, Star Wars, Marvel, etc. Maybe some Hot Wheels cars if others got him car toys?

• This Lego car though seems brilliant. Pretty neutral. I wasn't thinking of Legos because I usually imagine the big cities and all that shit. But I'll see if I can find this one rn
      Good idea!

• There seems to be a LEGO sale at Toys 'R Us or something too! Good luck, and hope you find something! :)

What Guys Said 7

• Lmaooo, I haven't a clue either...
    Perhaps some Legos set for 7 year olds

• Lol you shouldn't be such a yes man 😛

• IKR!! 😔😔😔

haha but yeah, it was a complete lame move. Might as well work for George Lucas in his next direction project... 😂

• Good call! You should've suggested that earlier haha

• Hahaha I just saw this! Sorry bro!

• Candy. Works every time.

• A bag of tater tots, And a minion doll.

• Do 7 year olds still like minion dolls?

• Yeah, Kids that age usually love the minions. If not, There are several other popular kids movies out there, And they all have merchandise.

• Get him a cheap kryptonics "Penny Board"

• Get him a bow and arrows. He's 7 already, time for him to man the fuck up and start getting his own food.

• A toy truck