Have you successfully gotten rid of wolves?

have you experiences wolf infestation? How do you deal with them?

Men wolf

Most Helpful Guy

• Here in new england we exterminated them,
    We have coyotes that have interbred with wolves,
    The eastern coyote is really a coywolf.
    I assume you live out west and let me tell you something, My dad was born in raised out west my mother in new england. I've got relatives who own farrms, in new hampshire and washington state respectively and getting rid of the wolf you get the Deer, Deer are even WORSE,
    There was a deer cull in the blue hills recently, how bad was the deer. Well they had soemthing like 85 deer a square mile. and there is supposed to be only like 8 when its ecologially sustainable.
    And due to some moronic gun laws, (My dad was an air force engineer, worked with missiles and satellites during the late 80's. He had TS clearance and in new mexico had a CC license. Here in Ma, nope, Uhcle sam let my dad work with nukes and satellites with an honorable discharge at the end, saying that he can't carry a handgun is a load of bullshit. sorry rant)
    But farms here in MA due to these gun laws and hell some morons protested the deer cull.
    However Farms here in MA get fucking wrecked by deer, its that bad,
    Losing ridicolous amount of crops. I'm just saying, Now if its just a few cattle here and there, If its not, then your best option would be three or four cattle dogs guarding your flock or herd with you when you ranch
    Trrust me we americans do not want to end up like england or france or spain,

• Now coyotes are a real killer,
      I wish my state would be like the ones out west,
      They deal with their overpopulation by offering bounties, sounds like a fun way to make a little cash, enjoy nature, and help undone some ecological damaage we have done by exterminatng or greatly reducing numbers of other local predators.
      We have an overabundacne of coywolves in eastern north america and in Canada a few years ago they killed a young folk singer making a music video

Most Helpful Girl

• Never had a wolf issue, but coyotes issues I've encountered. I didn't get rid of them because I'm not sure how.

• You want to know how,
      Wofl urine. Get some and splash it around your house it will give them the assumption that something badder than they are has marked your property as its territory, it can work even where wolves are expirated

• I know someone who struggled even worse than my neighbohoodrs with coyotes and in my neighborhood they occasionally approach elementary school kids waiting for the morning bus.
      This is on a paved road too

• @Waffles731 Good to know for the future in case it happens again, thanks!

What Guys Said 5

• You use dogs at least the mountain men do, a mix of guns and dogs, now they don't kill em but they use specially trained dogs to bark at em and push them up into the mountains while also using guns shot in the air because the noise scares em off, just push them out of the inhabited zones and back up into the mountains were they belong.

I would highly not recommend trying to do deal with a pack of wolves by yourself because they will hurt or kill you if you piss them off.

If you wanted to deal with it yourself I'd shoot a gun at them not actually trying to kill them but just to use the noise to drive them off.

• Problem is that those plains that they like to hunt in are good for grazing

• And there in lies an even worse problem, You elimanate wolves, bears, mountain lions, and the deer EXPLODE and there wiill be massive crop destruction, and then economic trouble.
      Get a few sheepdogs.
      Otherwise we end up ecologically like the U. K , wrecked because they killed all native predatory megafauna

• @Waffles731 yup you gotta go about it carefully the ecosystem and nature is a very fragile thing and the balance is very easy to topple.

• I rolled in with an M16A4 and 2 desert eagles.

• You put them in your profile pic.

• Get a bear.

• A hunting rifle at 50 yards usually does the trick.

• Depends on the state dude, We don't want to eliminate bears, wolfs, mountain lions,
      We'd end up like fucking england.
      Did you know in Thomas Jefferson times, Jaugars usually could be found in modern day arizona.
      Now they are infrequent visitors.
      My mother grew up hunting and I want to go someday too, we just gotta be sustainable about it dude. Or else we end up like the fucking UK

• Now coyotes are a real killer,

You I posted that up on my comment, you seem like the kinda guy who would appreciate that though

What Girls Said 0