Does anyone live in the legit ghetto or a bad neighborhood?

Im not living here by choice by i seriously hate everyone in this little screwed up town. I hardly want to be here and usually i will just stay inside or take the bus to a safer part of town where its safer. Everyone is so fucking crazy seriously and ghetto.

I have legitimate reasons too I've seen some shit this isn't me being a snob or whatever

• yes
  • no
Seriously once i finish school im relocating somewhere safe and somewhere where the people are nicer and in general higher quality. Im seriously counting the days until i graduate college and am able to find a nice career job.

Most Helpful Guy

• Where I live isn't great but its not bad.

Most Helpful Girl

• Once upon a time... I moved to the ghetto at 18... for a year. Crazy. Woke up one night to my dog barking and there was a random lady standing in my living room. 😏 Came home another day and my apartment had been broke into and everything gone through.😏 Bought groceries and pulled in one night and my neighbor is watching his wife give a guy head in a truck.😏The lady under me would seriously beat the ceiling with a broom at me like in the movies. 😏 Woke up another day with my apartment surrounded by two different gangs having a throw down.

• Where im living isn't that bad i guess but still everyone here is just in general standoffish, rude, and their is a higher percentage of males vs woman and a higher percentage of registered sex offenders than in any other place i lived in. I used to live in a really nice surburban area little to no crime and people actually smiled at you down the street. here its just bleh. You dont want to get to know most peoplehere.

Anyways thank you for answering. Your response was insightful

• I don't blame you. I moved and never looked back! Hate to even drive through that area now. It sucks to not feel safe at your own own and to be surrounded by people who aren't welcoming or friendly. Sounds lonely as well. Hopefully everything will work out for you, maybe even stay on campus for a while. Ya never know, things cam change so quickly.

What Guys Said 7

• You are very smart, seriously. Good luck!

• I do not 🙂

• Worked near hillbrow (Johannesburg, South Africa) of the most dangerous places on the planet.

• I used to. I visit my friends down there. And my church is in a bad area too. Our neighboor there had her car stolen and was on the local news in a homicide. She got it back and it had blood and knives in it. It was horrible.

• I used to and I almost got stabbed and shot, and there was a guy who was a child molester, thankfully I moved

• I lived in one of the most dangerous cities in the country when I was a teenager. Along with my cousins. Fuck that place. People glamorize it, but there's nothing glamorous about it. It's just hell. A fucking nightmare. It eats you alive. It's like war. If you stay too long, you leave, and it stays with you. You can't get rid of it.

Everyone that I know is in a cage or in a hole. Heroin, murdered, suicide. All pretty much gone.

I left when I was 19 to move in with my parents in a more middle class area. Got a job in the ghetto for a couple years, because it had good benefits, even if it was hard labor. Last year I left. The second year one of my coworkers got shot in front of the building, and some dude I didn't even know pressed a bullet to my chest a week later and said something like "you're next", even though I didn't do shit to anyone. Guess someone just didn't like my face. My supervisor said "he got shot because he was saying the wrong things in the wrong place."

Drug dealers, crackheads, prostitutes, gun dealers, people who just liked seeing other people's blood. People who wouldn't think twice about walking up behind someone and blowing someone's brains literally out or stab someone 100 times and not feel a thing.

People use the term ghetto a lot. If you're not falling asleep to gunshots every now and then, if not every night, you're not in a ghetto. Run down buildings, crackheads and hoes on the corner, seriously rundown and boarded up buildings. Bass reverberating your windows from the 50 people out on the street at 1am. A lot of people use "ghetto" to describe lower/middle class areas that really aren't ghettos. Or any area that's less developed than they're used to. The thing that makes a ghetto a ghetto is crime and poverty.

Get some pepper spray. Don't walk the streets at night if you can help it. Lock your shit. Don't associate with other people. Mind your own business and never talk to the cops. That's all you can do for now. Unless you can get section 42 housing, then maybe you can find a better area. Any apartment with 42 housing isn't going to be a great area. But you might be able to find a better city.

• I love in the highest crime area in Canada

What Girls Said 3

• I'm sorry to hear you're in that situation. It sounds like you're in the right mindset to get out though. Good luck to you on that.
    I'm in a very typical and nice neighborhood and I'm grateful for that.

• Can you answer my question?

• Not now, but a few years ago my neighbors all had meth labs and it was pretty stupid. Three people in a neighborhood of like 200 people burned their houses down. They also found meth labs in places like a wooded area and a cemetery. SMH. People on meth are fucking crazy.