Why did communism fail?

Why did communism fail?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) True Communism has never been practiced. 2) True Communism is essentially impossible given that those responsible for distributing the labor, wealth, etc. will nearly always turn greedy - or likely the people that will run for those kinds of 'jobs' are already greedy people. I don't know that true communism can ever exist.

That said - it hypothetically would be the most peaceful ideology since everyone would play a role and it is to better the 'whole' instead of the 'individual'.

Also, nearly all political ideologies and forms of government have to also contain parts of other forms of government, because if it doesn't, it would be a form of 'extremism' and would be abused.

Laissez-faire capitalism does not work - it never has and never will, due to greed and the capability of people to abuse each other and exploit others. Pure Socialism doesn't quite work, because the incentive isn't exactly the same as it would be under Communism.

That's why the US uses democratically republic, capitalistic socialism. That's basically what our nation boils down to. But as of late (arguably since Reagan) the move toward laissez-faire has been extreme, which is why we're seeing wage gaps increase tremendously. There must be a balance between the 'wants' of the individual and the 'needs' of the whole.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't just say that a doctor and a person that hasn't opened a book in his/her life are the same and deserve the same amount of money and to enforce everybody to think that you are awesome.
    I'm glad I wasn't born in this country in communism period.

• Oh, my uncle-in-law was! He spent his teenage years in communist Romania. He doesn't talk that badly of it.

• So, no freedom of speech, no freedom of religion and abortion ban? I think they could've corrected all of those and it would still be communism. (Plus, those things exist in my non-communist country as well. Just not as strict.)

• I still can't see everyone as an equal (when it comes to payment, not human rights), which is what communists wanted to achieve, everyone be the same.

What Guys Said 12

• doctors and janitors shouldn't have equal costs of living.

• Because communist dictators are evil and selfish and thing they are above everyone... in other words, they have pride. They promise everything and give nothing. Then in turn the people are selfish and prideful. Castro... Jose Conseco hates you and has a nice car... can I have that nice car? because I like you!

-Everyone in Cuba is Equal alright... they all equally live in crappy houses that are older than they are or in cardboard boxes... that's a popular living place ;)

• Your homework should be done by yourself.

• Now that is a fail. You're younger than me.

• Just cause you're older than me, doesn't mean you don't get homework 😂

• True communism has never yet been practiced

• Well one, it's not really practiced the way it was intended.
    And there's the crux of it all, it never will be, not on a large scale. It only takes one person more concerned with themselves and their family than the collective to get into a position of power, and the whole thing crumbles.
    Additionally, neurosurgery is harder than bussing tables.

• for many reasons, but you can't have a leader with more power than others in communism. especially 1 that abuses it's people

• Because at some point you run out of other people's money to take.

• It actually worked in the early church, according to the Bible. It failed in the modern world because it existed in a totally secular context- a spiritual vacuum.

• communism can't work because it goes against human nature.

• Where was it tried?

• america is communistic so yeah it didn't fail

• You need to be specific about what you mean by 'fail' to clearly answer this question.

• It didn't work? The USSR collapsed? People in North Korea live as slaves in crippling poverty?

• The answers to that are complicated, but I'd say in both cases we have states that started out economically behind their global military competitors, who attempted a long term military arms race with a wealthier nation or set of nations. Both shifted their best and brightest to military technology causing everything else to trail. Communist economies are not as efficient at producing 'stuff' as capitalist ones, due to the lack of incentives, not just for individuals to 'work hard' but the small incentives that shift resources and cause small level decisions to contribute to overall productivity in a capitalist country. While I like 'capitalism' i don't think it's fair to call communism a 'failure' for not meeting capitalism's levels of production of goods and services. If you think what a communist society is producing is 'better' even if worth 'less' you might on your terms not judge it a failure.

But the attempted arms races with the west bankrupted the USSR, and NK is similar.

What Girls Said 1

• It's never really ever been put into full practice. Only elements of it. True communism in itself is a flawed concept.