Why do people talk about Valentines a month ahead? I'm really curious O. o?

I don't even know what I'm having for dinner tonight

Most Helpful Guy

• they always bring up these things months ahead. stores started shelfing out Halloween candy in August.

Most Helpful Girl

• No idea. I kind of want to just push everything over when I go to a store and see the displays

• Haha same here lol but American guys are blind or what, you're gorgeous !

• haha oh gosh 🙈 thank you butttt its all camera angles girl ;p

• Haha camera can't do that much, it's obvious that you have a beautiful face :)

What Guys Said 15

• I get the feeling that many people plan these grandiose gestures just so they can look good. Gotta create that little Kodak moment so they've got something to post to Facebook!

Anyway, don't get me wrong -- I know that paragraph above might seem a little (or a lot) cynical, but I LOVE being sweet with my girl. It's just that Valentine's Day feels like forced romance to me, and there's nothing less romantic than forced romance.

• Hahaha
    Well
    We have hearts and pink shit all over gag now.
    Love is in the air❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

• I find as soon as last event is over build up to next starts it is the nature of these commercial world.

• stores start months before to make the most cash out of it... similar as with Christmas or Easter. And when people see it in the store they start talking about it too...

• There's a lot of dates on that day. Some long time lovers, some just started dating, and everything in between. It can be a big day for some couples. Things can get too busy for some and one month ahead may not even be enough.

It's not just buying little things, its booking vacations, hotels, trips, flights etc.

• Durpp!! weLLs uhhh ThE television box don tOLd us too
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/WJYZtvQsibw/hqdefault.jpg

• Its overrated. A big marketing tool to get money from everyone.
    Why can't you treat a girl like its vtines everyday of the year?
    It ain't that tough to do.

• If you don't book restaurants and other events for Valentine's NOW, they will be sold out.

• Lol
    I also don't know at what time I'll wake up tomorrow
    But valentine comes once in a year and best day to show the person how much you love them in a special way
    So you need time to plan something special that's why I guess😓

• Because they have nothing better to do

• It's the nearest holiday after Christmas and stores already have their shelves lined with stuff for Valentine's day.

• The power of advertisement.

• I think the same but i am always last minute

• they sadly are just dumb. they glorify a celebration which is a capitalist commercialised insult against love and the sexes.

• If you want a restaurant, you gotta book soon or its not happening.

Or a babysitter, if you're old.

TBH it's normally impossible for me to get babysitting.

What Girls Said 18

• Hey, I don't get it either, but I learn what I can about marketing. And selling ideas to people. #youvebeenhad #yougotgot

But, HALLOWEEEEEEEEENNNNN SRSLY
    I start thinking about the next Halloween pretty much right on November 2nd or so. And I was like that before I even had kids.

• No talk of valentines here in Singapore! We are all anticipating Chinese New Year (Feb 8 and 9.) no sooner had the date changed to January 1, that all the Christmas decorations came down and Chinese New Year's is went up...

• That is typical for all holidays really. Look at how early things for Halloween and Christmas come up. Many people plan in advance for them, so that's why products are out already.

• Because it's apparently a big deal, even if it isn't a real holiday.

You know what holiday I'm excited about? The Lunar New Year. Do you know what holiday I can't celebrate properly this year? The Lunar New Year.

• MY QUESTION IS! WHO CARES! ugh! I have more important thing to worry about!

• LOL I don't know its just something to look forward to i guess hahaha. its something hyped and built up by the media and candy companies. kind of like Christmas.. or most major holidays lol.
    for me, i look forward to my anniversary with my boyfriend more. it's the day after v-day haha

• I don't get it either. Fucking romantic people. I HATE YOU ALL XD

Nah, I'm not bitter

• Need to start planning ahead of time, especially if you want to do something special with your significant other.

• Lol, I dunno why I talk about it. I'm single asf.

• lol I have no idea :P
    maybe they re bored
    ir excited about it.
    I am really indifferent cause I never had a valentine but it s the dat of my bday so I have other things to look forward to lol ^^

• Ik exactly what I'm doing valentines day: watching the walking dead. Hopefully with the guy i like. But either way..

• Because valentines starts being advertised in January I'm guessing.

• haha lol no idea

• I don't know but it pisses me right off

• I know right! I was wondering that too. Maybe, they're excited for Valentines, lol.

• Lol it's same with all other holidays

• We get excited..! 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

• So they can prepare...