Do people actually find counsellors useful?

I think they're useless, such a waste of time to talk to someone who doesn't even understand what is coming out of my mouth. Im so annoyed because sometimes they are so stiff and I just want to talk to a normal human being, like a convo. I dont want to feel like Im talking to a computer. Its so annoying.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I've talked to some people who have found them helpful while others have not. I think it all depends on the counselor you receive honestly. Some seem to be more easygoing and down to earth while others make you feel awkward and like you're talking to a robot almost.

What Guys Said 4

• They may not be useful for everyone, but they're certainly not useless. If they were, they wouldn't exist.

• Sounds like you have a pretty crappy therapist. Shop around. Not every therapist is right for every person. Find one that you like, that you feel comfortable with.

The help helps. Don't give up on it.

• 0|0
  • I find it good to be able to say what I'm thinking and I can't do that anywhere else.

If you're having problems with your councillor, have you thought of changing to another or is that not possible?

What Girls Said 2

• I had a wonderful counselor when I had to go. She was very down to earth and kind. Mine helped me a lot.

• School counsellors or family counselors?

Well they are trained to talk in a text book manner wahaha to avoid being sued.