Guys, Would you be prefer if your girlfriend proposed to you?

• I prefer my girlfriend proposing to me
    26% (19)
  • I prefer proposing to her
    44% (32)
  • Doesn't matter
    30% (21)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

26

Most Helpful Guy

• I rather do the proposing, but i'd be happy if she did the proposing. I would propose in the Eiffel Tower, so just in case she says no, I can always jump yeah? Nah just kidding XD

What Guys Said 25

• I prefer no official, ritualized proposing at all. I think all this getting on your knees and holding a romantic speech and finally whipping out those rings... it's so tacky I can't really take it. I'd rather just sit down with my girlfriend, talk about it in an intimate conversation and just "agree" on getting married in a sort of business-like way. We'd just both talk about our expectations for the wedding and the marriage itself and the time management (how long we want to be engaged etc.) and finally agree that this is a good moment and that we both want to get married.

• No, I am proud of being a man and I see no shame in traditional gender roles. The man proposed to the woman as a sign that he would not abandon her through her ordeals etc. The reason the man does this is because of biology, that is women take great risk for reproduction the man takes none, so by swearing his loyalty and devotion to her (the proposal) he is telling her he will stay by her through it even though he could walk away with out negative consequence (well of a biological sort). Basicly an assurance of his devotion to her. So its not illogical for the man to be the one to do so.

• Speaking in general,

Men mostly want to do the proposing to the woman they love but if the woman does that before they do then the man will be swept off his ground, he will be speechless and of course he will find that appealing.

Speaking about me, I never want to get married in my lifetime, so this situation will never happen.

• If she gets down on her knees to suck dick, she might as well get down on her knees to propose too

• nah im chillin

• It's very good either way, each has its perks BUT
    when a gal makes a selection, then aggressively pursues him, he's golden for life, no worries thereafter!

• Nope if I propose to her I am going to be the one doing it.

• Of course, I would love that :D

• I am little old fashioned (go figure) and I prefer to do the proposing, so that I can tell her the reason why I am proposing. No big speech... simply because she makes my life so much better just being in it - in every way!

• I can't believe guys actually would want the girl to purpose to them... like wtf. My suspicion about men is no longer a suspicion.

• who proposes doesn´t really matter to me. i´d find it endearing, if she did it. but of course it has to be in a timely manner. not like after 2 months or even 2 years of nowing each other.

• No thanks I'd prefer to do the proposing.
    I'm for being asked out and being messaged by her first but marriage should be my decision.

• If she doesn't propose to me after dating for quite some time, then I will propose to her. I ain't getting any younger.

• Honestly, I've declined a number of proposals due to my issue of trust. It hurts to know that I can't trust anyone... Even if I wanted to.

• Only if I wasn't sure that she'd say yes if I were to propose. Otherwise, I'd rather do it.

• Doesn't matter
    #Pineapples

• I would love that

• I don't want to get married

• if she asked I would automatically say no; don't try to steal my thunder

• Hell yea if I am ready to get married

• I'd want to break up if she popped the question. That's my job.

• I dont think I could say yes if she proposed to me. I will always be the one to propose

• I'd prefer if she got down on one knee and said

"Will you live the rest of your life with me starting a family without going through an expensive worthless B. S. wedding and we can live with each other and have our commitment to each other be based on love instead of fear of at least one of us being in financial ruin and years of our lives in divorce court if it doesn't work out?"

• Prefer if she proposed to me. But having said that, i am very much against marriage.

• Torn between I'd like to do it and it doesn't matter, because if it was something she felt extremely strongly about- i. e, her proposing to me, it wouldn't matter to me and I think it'd be kinda cool and I'd have no problem with her doing that. Otherwise, I would like to do it.