I always find myself getting annoyed over typos and words that are used incorrectly (especially if it's me that makes the mistake).
For example, people confuse the words:
·There, their, they're
·Affect and effect
·Your and you're
It's never ending!
Now that I think about it, I most likely already made multiple errors just typing this. 😔 *SIGH*
- Yes.50% (7)60% (9)55% (16)Vote
- Sometimes.21% (3)27% (4)24% (7)Vote
- It depends on ____. (Please specify)7% (1)0% (0)3% (1)Vote
- No.14% (2)7% (1)10% (3)Vote
- Wut is gramr lol8% (1)0% (0)3% (1)Vote
- Only in sarcastic/silly situations will I not mind ignoring anything to do with proper grammar. (^^ Above is example)0% (0)6% (1)5% (1)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
I generally like to write grammatically correct sentences. I do admit that I probably make some punctuation mistakes in English once in a while since English is not my mother tongue and the punctuation works rather different in German. So I'm certainly no grammar-nazi because I wouldn't ever claim that I don't make mistakes. I also don't really mind typical internet mistakes such as confusing "your" with "you're". That kinda stuff just happens so fast when you're typing and paying attention to the content rather than the grammar.
However, there are certain things that really put me off. For example I don't like this chat-language... something like "wut r u doin?" Some people on GaG write like that all the time and it gets on my nerves. I don't mind it because it's "wrong" grammar but because it comes across as childish. If you're 15, you can do that. It's okay. But if you're 25 and you still do that, I find it a little immature.1