How long do iPads last?

I had mine for nearly about a year now, and it's dented and cracked, which is pissing me off since I do have a case on it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how carefully you handle it. I treat all my electronic devices with the utmost care. I never drop them, I watch out not to hit them against stuff etc.. I don't have a case for my Ipad and though it's about 3 years old now, it still looks almost new. I just has one small dent at the upper right corner on the backside. The screen doesn't have any scratches, which I'm really happy about. It's true that nowadays, electronic devices are deliberately built in a way that they break after a short period of time. However, by taking great care of them, you can extend their life expectancy quite considerably. I do this for several reasons. Firstly, it's much cheaper if you don't need to buy new stuff all the time. But secondly, it's also nice to do that for environmental reasons. We waste so many resources here in the western world by buying stuff, not taking care of it, throwing it in the trash and just buying something new again as though it was nothing. We have forgotten how to take good care of our possessions. So I try to do that with my electronic devices. I also still have an Iphone that is about 5 years old and still works fine and my PC computer is roughly 12 years old (I got it as a teenager) and I'm still using it.

• Well I do need it for school a lot, and I usually drop it there.

• I also use mine for Uni. Don't drop it... they don't appreciate that :-). Treat your Ipad as though it was your cat or something like that. Think of it as a dear and loyal friend. Also don't give it to people if you feel like they might not handle it carefully. This way, it'll definitely last longer.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had my iPad 2 since it first came out (in 2011) and it's still in good working condition - no dents or cracks whatsoever. I've recently bought the new iPad mini only because the iPad 2 has become too slow in processing a lot of apps, and even something as simple/basic as browsing websites.

So, in answer to your question, it depends on how carefully you handle it.

• Well I guess, I just hope it lasts long, since my dad can't afford a new device for me, this is basically all I have.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't know, about 2 years maybe

• Most people I know keep their ipad for at least 2-3 years. Some even longer.

For whatever reason, people don't view them the same as they do smartphones (which lots of people upgrade constantly).

• Look at the guaranty, that's how long it lasts.

• I don't think those products are built to last since they sell a new one every year.

• Ubreakifix. com

• You're way too careless with it if it's that damaged. I had an iPad for 8 months and I accidentally stepped on it which slightly bent it. Otherwise it was flawless not a scratch.

• I'm not careless I treat it with care although I don't understand how with even a case it it still makes a scratch? It works fine but only the volume button that goes up is broken.

What Girls Said 0