Why do people go to illegal underground casinos?

Since legal casinos are everywhere these days why do people risk getting arrested, or having a mobster after you for unpaid debts by going to an illegal establishment?

Most Helpful Guy

• In most jurisdictions merely participating in illegal gambling is a misdemeanor. And underground casinos aren't stupid enough to lend money to the players. They certainly aren't stupid enough to lend money and then try to enforce the debt with violence.

There are still places where there are no convenient casinos. Probably the biggest is the state of Texas. The closest casinos to Dallas are 90 minutes away in Oklahoma, and hours from Austin and San Antonio. There are several underground poker games running around Dallas more or less continuously, and I expect that it's the same in Houston and Austin and San Antone.

• Are you a cop?

• No. But I knew the Dallas poker scene when I lived there. Enforcement was pretty rare, and completely ridiculous when it did occur. Cops breaking down walls to break up a low-stakes poker game. I played a few times. About half retired guys, usually pretty friendly.

• I see, thanks.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• They prob get betting loans

• Shit is edgy bro. Everyone is edge.

• No taxes!