How forgiving are you?

I dont enjoy feeling angry so I tend to have loads and loads of forgiveness for one person until they push me to the point where I have none. At this point I resent the other person so much so that, I am not interested in investing anymore energy in any sort of relationship with them. Its hard to get to this point because I am so easy-going but once you get to this point, its hard to come back from it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It truly depends on what they have done. Is it of big importance in my life? I may be very unforgiving. Is it something not that important, I will be very forgiving. And I am an easy gping person too!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not very forgiving.

I hold someone's transgressions against them for a very long time. A very very long time. We may become civil again but I don't forget whatever it is they did and I will always consider it when making a choice about their friendship.

What Guys Said 12

• With men I am forgiving.
    With women I am not very forgiving at all. I hold grudges againts women that do things bad to me. I guess that is because I have had more women treat me badly and I have got fed up with it.

Sorry not trying to offend but you get sick of it after a while.

• No, I totally get it. I have had too many bad experiences with girls who never grew out of the stereotypical bitchy high school phase. So if a girl is rude to me the first few times I meet her, I won't forget it. I might be nice to her in person but I won't try to be friends with her.

• Either way doing that just shows a lack of maturity, a weak mind, and weak relationship. Especially saying hurtful things to make your significant other do something, because we don't hurt the ones we love.

• Yes, I was so pissed off when this girl said I was a creep behind my back just from saying "Hi" to her when I was introduced to her by a friend. That was honestly all I did and from that I am a creep. It got back to me what she said.

• That is a bit like me - Basically cross me and I won't waste my time getting negative about you but as you say getting to the stage of crossing the line may be an accumulation of things - It is hard to but a word on it quite forgiven in normal course of events but if you cross line very unforgiving.

• maybe a lot of you may say "what a fool" or "your just plain stupid" or whatever thoughts but this is how forgiving i am or was (i don't know yet if i could still be that forgiving again in my life).
    we got married 2.5 years ago and my wife turned out to be a verbally and emotionally abusive woman and cheated on me with the same guy that she says she had feelings for since before we got married and says she lost those feelings 3 months ago. and she withheld all kind of intimacy towards me for the past 7 months and i forgave her for all that and tried to fix our relationship for the sake of our son and family. but still she took my son and left two weeks ago and now she wants me to take her back.
    but NOoooo im not. i just dont want to go back to the life i lived for the past 2.5 years wearing the skirt and her wearing the pants.
    so now i want to start the divorce process.
    sometimes forgiving just hurts you and ruin your life no matter how much you love that person or how important this person was to you.
    just put some limits in your life and i learned that the hardest way.

• I'm not that forgiving. I used to be more like you, but eventually I lost all forgiveness. Everyone gets one chance, one.

• If they sincerely care to be decent toward me, it's quite hard for me to stay mad at someone.

I'll get irritated for a bit, but an hour is usually the max that I'm fed up with someone.

• it takes me months sometimes years to forgive someone, depending on what they did if its something small I don't even care but when its something real there on my list

• sounds just like me!

• Until i get to a point where I either feel betrayed or they keep messing up time after time

• I've never understood why people forgive the people who fuck them over the worst.

• I totally get it. When i was in high school an ex-friend of mine continued to be with her boyfriend/fiance even though he cheated on her five different times and she knew. 3 of the girls he slept with, the other 2 he sexted. Personally I would've broke up with him the first time he cheated because for me that is passed my limit because I consider flirting to be cheating. I call her my ex friend because she chose him over the people who were her friends.

• For some reason, women are bad for being too forgiving. I've seen some ex-female friends endure a load of bullshit from boyfriends and I never understood what the hell they were thinking.

• Women tend to be bad for being too forgiving*

• I can hold a grudge for years

• at one point one can lost temper of forgiveness its human nature

• I eventually forgives, but I will never forget

What Girls Said 6

• I'm not at all forgiving when I am pushed beyond my limit. Piss me off and I will make you pay again and again and again...

• I Forgive but do not forget,
    tbh sometimes i forget

• I can be very forgiving it just depends on what the person did to me.

• It takes time depending on a few things.

In general, I think I can forgive quickly.

• I dont forgive, like never. I tried to forgive people once like i would be mandela but it disnt work for me! I guess its just parti of my personality but at least i admit it

• If someone does something horrid, I simply don't care for them. I might be angry at first but it soon fades away into coldness.

I easily forgive if they apologize, otherwise they will be seen as a waste of space.