Would you wear a piece of clothing normally associated with the opposite sex?

I answered this question http://www.girlsaskguys.com/fashion-style/q1409267-i-need-girls-opinions-about-a-guy-wearing-girls-jeans earlier and inspired me to post this question for fun

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends a bit. I'm generally very, very easy going with gender identity stuff. I don't like those stuck-up gender roles. I myself have quite a lot of girl in my gender identity and I openly admit that. However, many things just wouldn't fit me I believe. I also can't think of a lot of "typical girly" clothes. And of course it also depends what you're gonna consider typical male or female. For example in many countries of the world, having long hair is considered absolutely inappropriate for a guy. However, in my country Switzerland, as well as in the US, it's no problem. Also, my conservative uncle from Spain told his son (my cousin) that he would kill him if he would ever dare to wear an earring. Southern Europeans can still be very weird about that kinda stuff. Earrings are considered girly and gayish. However, in Switzerland and in the US, people hardly pay attention to guys wearing earrings. It's almost considered unisex.
    I think as a fun experiment, I would enjoy completely dressing up as girl for a day. But for every-day life, it really depends on the item. Some things I might wear but there are also some I wouldn't.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah sure, but it isn't that much of a weird thing to do as a girl. I have a sweater and a sweater vest that's actually men's size.
    I know many girls who wear male clothing because they're tall for example.

• I think something like a vest could be unisex but a fullblown three-piece mens suit would be over the top

• True, although there are still girls who would even wear something like that. I would too but only to a party or something.

What Guys Said 14

• I personally wouldn't, not because of any gender role issues but because girls clothes don't tend to fit guys well. I see this all the time with the lads at college in ridiculously tight skinny jeans, some of whom are open about that fact they're girls jeans, and they just look so uncomfortable.
    Plus there's not a pair of skinny jeans I've ever seen that didn't give dudes some form of man camel toe

• I've worn women's jeans that I had been measured for prior to ensure the waist wasn't too tight. My body frame is thin so I could fit in some kinds. Some girls actually like it on me, and it's all clothing no matter what I wear what I want.

• I wouldn't

• Haha maybe that's what they call a "job experience project" :D
    Maybe for fun yes, but it would just be humour... produce myself some home made pony tail and than walk on the catwalk wearing her heels.
    Oh my goodness, that's an accident waiting to happen :-(

• No, I would not. But I have nothing against those who do.

• i've worn a few shirts where the buttons were on the left.

• great a guy who knows about the buttons left rule

• y'all ladies had the maids dress ya back in the day =P

we was stuck dressing ourselves =(

• Sure why not... especially if it were for fun! I have done it once before... friends bet me 100 bucks I wouldn't wear my fiance's bathing suit bottom during my bachelor party. They were a little skimpy in the front so I had to wear em backwards. Needless to say I had a little to much to drink that night. Made me a c-note by the end of the evening and one of my friend's new girlfriend hit on me at my own bachelor party... WTF? lol

• No.. but I did lose a bet one night and had to wear a pink pair of womens panties and a red dress for 24 hours.. but looking back on that day I still felt sexy in both of them and I did not look all that bad.

• No I wouldn't.

• I've worn womens socks before. just white ones though

• I have, and I occasionally do. But us goths have a more gender neutral approach to clothing...

• hmm maybe... depends on what piece of clothing we are talking about

• no those are weirdos

• To be very frank.. i was secretly wearing my cousins undergarments when i was 15 or 17..

• More specifically.. her bra. And then i used to see myself in mirror and jerk off.

What Girls Said 2

• If a girl wears men's wears, that's fine to me. I've seen so many of them so it becomes somewhat normal. But if a guy wears a crop top and high waisted shorts, I'll think he has some mental problems regardless people can wear whatever they like, but that's my 2 cents.

• I mean my DNA (sex) wasn't made to wear a certain piece of clothing society made gender. so yea, I'd wear" mens" clothes if they flattered me.