Plus size Cosplay?

I want to go to Fan Expo and dress up as Poison Ivy but I am plus size. Obviously I would adapt the outfit...

I was planning on wearing a corset and a tutu skirt.

Do you think it's okay for plus size women to do cosplay?
Please explain why and why not... I don't think it matters if you're plus size or not because it's just for fun but I would like to hear other opinions.

• Of course it's okay!
  • You shouldn't unless you lose weight
  • Let me see the answers.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, it is what it is.

• ... what do you mean by that?

• It doesn't matter what people think. If you really want to wear the costume, you're going to do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cosplay prides themselves and the environment they provide boosts anyone and everyone can come. It's a super welcoming and open invitation that if you love cosplay than join on in! You better work it!

• thanks :)
      It's my first time going to one and I'm nervous. I just don't want people to think I'm hopeless for cosplaying someone who is skinny but I'm a plus size.

• I'm excited for you! Have fun!!!

• thanks :)

What Guys Said 3

• Do what makes you happy!!

• it's all for fun anyways, so why not.

• Hell yes poison ivy is my favorite I'd love to see a pic of you dressed

What Girls Said 6

• It's 1000% okay.
    Go out there and rock it babe.

• cosplay is for everyone, not matter your shape, size, gender, or colour. if you like that character and go through the trouble of making the costume and you have fun then that's all that matters.

• Who cares? It's up to you what you want to do. There is no weight restriction on cosplay; it's all about the art of it, or at least I hear.

• 0|0
  • It's a thing to do for fun, it matters just to feel good doing it.
    If someone thinks you shouldn't cosplay because you don't look like a VS model, show them the middle finger. 😄

• Poison Ivy isn't supposed to be particularly thin anyway, even if artists now draw her that way. I always thought the female villians in Batman were voluptuous and curvy. I think it's a great cosplay choice! So, if you like the idea just have fun making the costume and hanging out with your fellow fans.