If you got paid for doing nothing, would you never bother getting a job?

Just a hypothetical. is it mostly about the money that you have your job, or if you weren't paid for it, would you still work?

Most Helpful Girl

• "If you got paid for doing nothing, would you never bother getting a job?" -
    There are jobs I love doing because they increase my knowledge and experience in life, and they are enjoyable, so even if I got paid anyway, I would still strive to have a spot in these jobs. Plus, doing nothing is boring.

"if you weren't paid for it, would you still work?" -
    Hmm this depends on what kind of job, and if they take too much of my precious time to do something better and gain better rewards. Like I do some volunteering in some fields sometimes because I love doing that, and they don't come in the expense of doing something better.

• judging from your answer you either rich or you truly have no understanding of how the world works

• @CoolSky01 volunteering is a nice experience, trust me. You can do it when you have a free time. ^-^

@Asker Thanks. No need for fighting if there is understanding. We both needed to understand each other's views.

• lol yeah that wouldn't have solved anything

Most Helpful Guy

• I have so many things that I would like to do, so if I didn't have to work, I'd enjoy my freedom.

What Girls Said 24

• I would feel terribly bad. There are some days that I'm at work and after 3pm it's pretty much a free hour for me before home time. I don't really like that, I don't want to get paid for doing nothing (in that hour) when I'm at work. I would feel like I would appreciate my money more when I've earned it. I don't know I'm bloody weird when it comes to money hahah I just want to get paid for how much hours I work not get paid for how much hours I do nothing.

It's kind of a waste of my time and my bosses time if I have to get up early in the morning, get ready, ride/drive my ass into work and do nothing and my boss paying me for that. Would suck toto

• i think id still work, but in a different way.

for example, id still teach, but id use the money i got from doing nothing [lol, sounds so good] to travel the world and teach others, maybe open up a school and just do it as a service :)

• If I got that option, then I guess I'd be okay with getting paid for doig nothing but would the rules allow me to pick up a charity job so I'm doing something at the same time, just not getting paid for it? Cause that'd be awesome.

• Well I want to do anime some day so I would travel and maybe join a farming thing and go backpacking... and than yea.

• Nah, I have a dream job, and if you like your job it won't even feel like a job at all. So If I get paid for doing practically nothing, i'd also get a job. Then i'd get a lot of money a year.

• I would get some sort of a job for a few reasons. I'd take all the extra money I could take for reasons obvious enough. I want to make my life as productive as possible. I want to expand upon my education and skill in every way I can. I don't want to have a whole bunch of extra time but nothing to do in it. I want to have colleagues with whom to always have contact.

That said, not being paid for a job that suits my wishes would simply not make a difference. I'd find a way to make up for it.

• I would still work at school. But instead of working a near full time job, I would focus on career related experience.

• Basically doing that now.

Love my traineeship. Ten bucks an hour and finished half the work already so forty bucks a sesh to do nothing.

• I'm more of a self employed mindset person regardless of the money. There are things I'd do as let's say "business hobbies" if I had the money.
    I wouldn't be lazy. I'm a very active person.

• No. I'd still get a job. It does leave me free to pursue careers that I enjoy, rather than just getting one for the sake of the grind.

• I'd like to work at least part time. I would grow bored of having nothing to do.

• I'd still work, just to alleviate the boredom!

• I'd do volunteer work

• No, I wouldn't.

I'd focus on my hobbies and perfecting creative skills instead.

• If I was being paid a decent amount then I'd maybe do voluntary work but part time so if still have more time for myself but I wouldn't be bored and I'd be doing something to help others

• I would never get a job. I wish I got paid for being lazy.

• Naw I probably still would since I would want to do something.

• I would do a lot of charity work and volunteering

• No. That's taking the easy way out. People of a society should always provide something.

• Nope I wouldn't

• Probably but it'd be an optional job. Or one in the night so I get to sleep in lol

• No then I would never work again.

• I would still work. Keeping child molesting perverts off the streets is it's own reward. Perverts.

• I need and like to keep busy, and actually like what I do for a living. I guess the money I made from my job can go to family and charities.

What Guys Said 25

• The Dutch city Hague is starting an experiment doing that: a basic income for everyone: www.theguardian.com/.../dutch-city-utrecht-basic-income-uk-greens

• i'd probably do charity work. work on my writing. spend lots of time with my family... and other stuff. i'd work but def not my current job and probably not full time.

• Either extreme (doing nothing vs doing too much) is not a job worth keeping. Both impede growth and waste valuable moments of life that could be spent building relationships and mastering a craft that leads to a better outcome.

• I wouldn't get a job but that doesn't mean Id literally do nothing all day. Id just pursue my hobbies and learn new skills.

• I think I would work because work gives me a purpose.

• I'd want to do SOMETHING with myself to give myself purpose. Like being a driver for meals on wheels or a seniors' home minibus or something.

• Yes.. I need something to feel fulfilled. Even if I made enough money, I'd want to do something that makes me happy.

• what your definition of work. i technically work when i help the people i know. and no i dont expect to be payed for it. if i go to a job yes i do expect to be payed for it.

• If I got paid doing nothing then I'd focus on making my own business and following my truest ambitions without being distracted from other menial jobs.

• No, I'm enjoying my career and I'd be extremely bored at home while everyone else is off working and my daughter is at school.

• Nah, I wouldn't get a job. I love what I do and I'll keep doing it whether money is involved or not but, things are way more enjoyable when you take out the business aspects of it or the business people.

• yep, I wouldn't bother. Depending on how much I get paid though. If its over 100,000 a year. I'll spend my time volunteering for animal shelters or other things like that.

• I dislike having nothing to do.. it drives me insane

• That's what special team do in NFL lol but nah I'd rather be middle linebacker and play it with my team. You can't be a star without not working

• Sure I would but I would just do what I love not what I have to do.

• I'd get a part time job and work the weekends while trading stock during the week

• No chance. The only reason for me to get a job is money.

• Wish I could make money doing nothing.

• I'd probably go to work for a non-profit organization.

• I would never get a job, wouldn't aft to worry about my arthritis acting up.

• if I can do something else I enjoy... sure, then I'd take the money

• I'd work and make even more money to open an animal sanctuary :)

• No, I would use the money to get me through college and grad school.

• How much money and how long term? Would I not be able to use said money to make more?

• nope.