Non-vegans: do you accept/agree with veganism?

All I'm going to say is: humans are omnivores. We naturally eat both meat and plants. You don't see random lions eating just leaves? ... but that's just my opinion. I won't judge anyone who decides to be vegan, but I can't see myself befriending one. (If you are vegan because u are allergic to meat or some shit like that that's a totally different story)

Most Helpful Guy

• Veganism is for pussies. Honestly if a guy told me he was vegan I'd lose all respect for him. Can't trust a man who doesn't eat meat. In b4 "is that gluten free". Just lol at this new age shit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Each to their own I suppose. I can understand vegetarians and not wanting to eat other animals but although I accept vegans I think they are daft. Drinking milk, eating cheese, I know why they do it but I just don't see why anybody would choose to do that for non dietary reasons.

What Guys Said 33

• I liken them to people who have sex with automobiles, or habitually ingest coffee grounds or strips of insulation. It's clearly a form of neurosis.

• I mean, I think vegans aren't getting all the nutrition they were naturally built to get, but whatever, they don't die from it, and I respect their convictions as it's usually an issue of being humane. As far as agreeing and accepting, sure, it doesn't bother me as long as they don't give me a hard time about my dietary choices. You do you, I'll do me👍

• it is very easy to get everything needed on a vegan diet. it's funny that so many meat eaters always argue it's not considering all the health issues they get from their diets.. in reality, whether or not you eat meat it's important to have a varied and balanced diet.

don't jump to assumptions on something you clearly know nothing about.

• the teeth argument always makes me laugh. try to chew a piece of uncooked meat, and without chopping it up into bite size pieces. so ridiculous. lol

• also, I wasn't offended. it's just an ignorant assumption many people make. something perpetuated by the meat and dairy industries to keep their profits from being hurt.

• No, I don't agree with it. As for my acceptance... it depends a bit on the person. Generally, I can live with the fact that other people want to be vegetarians or vegans if they just do their thing and if they're tolerant and accepting about me eating meat. However, many vegetarians and almost all vegans practice their strange eating habits more like a religion. It's quite interesting actually. I've just talked about this with a good friend a few days ago: while traditional religions and beliefs are becoming less and less important in the western world, new quasi-religions and quasi-religious beliefs are spreading like wildfire: astrology, homeopathy, stuff like new paganism and wicca and... vegetarianism/veganism.
    The problem with this is that believing in something religiously generally makes you very intolerant to people who don't believe in it. For example most vegans think they have the "truth", just like fundamentalist christians or muslims would claim it, while those dirty, meat eating bastards are considered sinners and morally corrupt. Also, just like in traditional religions, vegans (and also some vegetarians) are very adamant in their belief. They don't even want to be confronted with disagreeing opinions. And finally, many vegans and vegetarians feel this very annoying need to act as "missionaries" and spread their "truth" to other people. I already hate it when jehovas witnesses folks stand in front of my door, what makes vegans think it would annoy me any less if they lecture me on their beliefs during lunch hour at university? For these reasons, I find both vegetarianism and veganism hard to accept. I can't accept people who won't accept the fact that I have a different lifestyle.
    And finally, I also think of vegetarianism/veganism as being unnecessarily picky. Because I'm a foodie and I've been brought up by my parents to try everything at least once and to eat what comes on the table, many vegetarians and vegans seem to me like petulant children. For example I know this vegetarian girl who wanted to go on a trip to Japan. When she told me about it, I told her that she'll have to eat some meat/fish then. The concept/religion of vegetarianism is not really present in Japanese culture (I have been to Japan myself and my girlfriend is Korean). East Asians don't eat a lot of meat but they eat a little bit to almost every dish. It's just like that. It belongs to their culture. So if you want to travel there and not behave like a completely rude

• idiot, you should eat at least a bit of fish/meat (like you shouldn't walk around in a hijab when you travel to Europe or America). Just be a little accommodating and flexible, you know what i mean? But instead of being understanding, that girl got all pissed, called Japanese people assholes and said she'd never go there in that case. I just thought to myself "what a narrow-minded fool you are".

• personally no i believe that we are meant to eat meat wheter you believe in science or god you can't really argue with that and i fucking love meat and for the vegans saying its cruel to eat animals lol its cruel to eat plants too they are living fucking creatures

• Vegans are hypocrites and baffoons on morality, but are right on sustainability and the atrocity of industrial farming.

• it's not about morality for most, its about being ethical. two very different things. ;)

• I'm vegan. don't tell me what a vegan can and cannot do. stop being so closed minded.

• @thewanderingme

If you fish for dinner from a sustainable source, you're not a Vegan. Even if they are non-sentient mussels on the side of a dock.

If you kill a spider crawling on your desk, you're not a Vegan. Even if it's poison could threaten your life.

If you endorse products tested on animals, you're not a Vegan. Same with any study involving lab animals.

I can tell you what you can and can't do because that's how Veganism is actually defined. This "no true Scotsman" fallacy won't cut it.

• Yea, I have no problem with self proclaimed hypocrites.

• I'm not a vegan, but I'm not against those who choose to be. They can do what they want. To be honest, I think it would be better to just cut down on meat, rather than cut it out all together. Then again that's from a dietary perspective, not an emotional one. Personally, I find the fact that people that go vegan/vegetarian because they don't like the idea of cute animals being killed is a bit... soft. Murder is part of life. Deal with it. (plus, I try not to remind them of the bone meal / blood meal that want into growing their salad :P )

• yeah d00d, eets all guud

• Accept? I guess.
    Agree with? No.

• I think it's a little bit extremely stupid.

• One of my bestest buddies at work is a vegan. They also love food and will happily discuss all kinds of food (vegan or not) for hours.

I am fine with that and accept their decision.

I don't accept a militant vegan who tries to force their views on me or shame me for eating meat.

• I accept their right to choose what kind of food they want to eat, I'm a lacto-vegetarian, and who know, maybe I'll become vegan someday soon.

• I'm a Pescatarian (an i know Vegetarians laugh at pescatarians, but hey, i do it for dietary reasons), i have no problem with Vegans, it's their life choice, and i don't think i have the right to chastise someone for that, but if they tried to shove it down my though, i'd probably shove a fish down theirs

• I like it from the perspective of being able to add some pretty creative healthy dishes to my regular diet.

There is a vegan restaurant just down the street from me and I really like what the chef makes there... some pretty ingenious tasty dishes!

I have no issues with someone being vegan... it is there choice.

• "Non-vegans: do you accept/agree with veganism?"

I say: Vegans: do you accept/agree with non-veganism?

• Not really. I think it is an unhealthy extreme. The truth is that the human body evolved to consume meat and our paleolithic ancestors also consumed it. Hence veganism is unnatural. Though by that same token, eating processed meat every single day at every single meal as we do in our industrialized society is also abnormal and unhealthy. I think that a healthy balance could/should be attained. Perhaps eating meat only a few times a week or even only once a day would be better.

• It's unhealthy and pretty boring, but good for them!

• Yes i do accept it and think it's good. Though it's too stressful to achieve a healthy vegan diet. This is why I am meat eater.

• No. Hence why I'm a non-vegan in the first place.

• I don't have a problem with it. But if you rub your beliefs all over my face, don't expect me not to get angry.

• I couldn't care less if that is what someone chooses to do. I do care when vegans tell me I'm a monster because I enjoy eating meat, but those ones are quite rare and I always say live and let live. As long as it doesn't affect me in any way why should I care about someone's life choices?

• its your life you can eat what is right for you and your lifestyle. just dont be one that looks down or think your better than others who have a different view than yours.

• I have no problem with it as long as they toe the line. As soon as they go the way of the (bloody annoying) feminists, I will be more vocal on their ignorance.

• I prefer being on vegan diet but lose control on meat..

• If some folks want to make their lives harder for no reason whatsoever, let 'em have it.

• I accept it but it's whatever. can't trust a person who doesn't like beef or bacon. 😛

• I think it's probably an excellent idea. In the long run most of those animal products are just going to kill you.

• I accept vegans, however I hate when certain vegans bash people who eat meat such as me. But each culture has it's own set of douchebags. :/

• Umm 😐
    idc
    All I know is that I don't wanna live without chicken 🍗

• most of my friends are either vegetarians or vegans. no problems with them

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 17

• I don't have a problem with it. It's not for me, but my dad is one. People can eat whatever they'd like. My problem is with judgmental vegans. The ones that look down their nose at non vegans. It's like, I'm not judging you for what you choose to eat or not eat so don't judge me for my choice.

• I accept it and understand it. I don't agree with it though, meaning I wouldn't do it myself.

Eat what you like, do what you like, just don't try and inflict it on me. I find vegans are more opinionated and aggressive compared to vegetarians, but that being said, there are some aggressive meat eaters out there too.

• Sure, I accept and agree with it. I think the only reason I haven't actually become vegan myself is that I'm lazy.

• Yes. Completely. 100%.
    I'm vegetarian though so not sure if my opinion counts. Hopefully one day I'll be able to transfer to veganism.

And lions are carnivores, not omnivores, by the way... There's a big difference.

• Yeah sure why not, I mean people are allowed to do whatever they want that they feel is best for themselves but doesn't mean they can't tell others what to do. I'm not vegan because I still consume eggs

• Yeah sure i DON'T mind!

• Sure. People can eat whatever they like. It's not the diet for me but I have no problem with it.

• I accept that vegans exist. I do not attempt to understand or participate in their ways, though.

• It's a lifestyle choice. I don't eat bird like creatures (Chicken, duck, turkey etc)

I don't see anything wrong with veganism.

• I love animals so I am all for it.

• I accept it, but I hate when some vegans act like everyone else is barbaric to eat meat.

• Why wouldn't I?

• Only jungle people can survive on that

• I don't really mind! To each his own! Some people really hate meat or feel a deep connection to animals so they can't eat meat! I eat chicken and fish but I don't eat red meat at all! I don't really like the taste of it

• I respect it, what people eat is none of my business

• Me personally no. Thats not a diet for me but I dont care if anyone else wants to be vegan.

• (If you are vegan because u are allergic to meat or some shit like that that's a totally different story).

Ok, thank you. I can't help that meat makes me sick. If I could, I'd still eat chicken. Some people have this mentality that just because I can't eat meat and am a vegan, that I think I'm better than them and that I want to enforce my views on them. Totally false, I don't care what people eat. I just eat what I can.