Have you ever saved someone's life?

I had not knowing it at first.

In college my project partner had a wasp on him. Now I'm a nerd with insects and find them interesting, they don't scare me. He's like "dude, can anyone get this off my back", he was frozen in fear and nobody in class helped him. I said what's wrong? He's like "I'm highly allergic if I get stung I'll go into anaphylactic shock and he had no epi pen. I grabbed a cup and caught the huge wasp and let it outside. He was so grateful he brought me lunch for a week and the class cheered for me, to me it was no big deal though.

You all are brave men and women for helping others, we need more people like you!

Most Helpful Girl

• I gave my friend the heimlick maneuver when he began choking once.

Most Helpful Guy

• indirectly i assume we all have at one point but directly i have saved quite a few, most of them are talking people out of suicides but theses been 2 cases where i was put in hospital physically saving a life... short stories.

snowy day, steep big hill you can easily make 20pmh (awesome for sledging) you have to lean right otherwise you go into a barbed fence, a little girl probably 5 was going straight for it and her dad was shouting and i notices, im always very observant so i ran over and just before she would have hade her throat slit i put my arm there and cut my arm open but stopped it from going onto her throat and the other time i just used my body as a human shield for another little girl when a car came flying around the corner... ^.^

What Girls Said 2

• Gosh, ur so sweet!

• I saved my dog's life several times when bigger dogs tried to bite his neck, if that counts.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes I saved stepmother from a suicide attempt a long time ago and saved a friends life when I was deployed in the military in Afghanistan. Its good because both of them have helped so many others since being saved :)

• That's a great thing you did, and brave too!

• Ii appreciate the compliment! And good job on you're part to! This world is chalk full of people who need saving. And in many ways as well brother. Keep doing good!

• by the way you should put a update on this question and tell these people how great they are! This site needs more badass and uplifting questions like this one. :)

• I everyday save life just giving always some money too poors and beggars you know it won't cost us much if we help someone with some little money which is even lesser than a malboro ciggerate i think its wrong consider it as yourself what would be our situation if i won't be a software developer never got chance of studies and never get good food money, house, car etc so think about it guys

• Yes, a woman fell through the thin ice, fortunate for her and me, she managed to hold on the edge and not fully submerge. I got her out, called for ambulance and the rest is history.

• Saved a young girl from drowning but i was like standing next to her so she really is lucky. I simply picked her up and just took her to the ladder so she can get out of the pool.

• I saved a bunny once from being eaten.

• i stopped a guy from getting his ass beat, thats about it.

• Saved a little child from getting hit by a car, adrenaline makes you go pretty fast

• when I was young I once pulled a friend out of the water who was stupid enough to walk on the small frozen part of the river. it was directly at the border and not too deep so not sure if he was in real danger but yeah that's the closest I've ever been to saving someone's life.

• I convinced an online friend not to commit suicide. To be fair, his life is fairly miserable for an upper-middle class person. No other real friends, divorced parents, jerkass brothers and sisters, bullied badly at school (teachers & administration don't care), his crush moved to another school, atheist in highly religious town, etc.