Is taking a bullet for your girlfriend HEROIC or STUPID?

• Heroic
  • Stupid
  • answers
I think it's stupid. Women nowadays aren't worth it.
I ask this because I thought about the colorado theatre massacre where boyfriends shielded their ladies from gunfire. Now those girls are off riding another dude!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's stupid because instead of getting in front of the bullet you could just tackle her out of the way.

• Have you ever been shot before lol? you barely have enough time to react much less pull someone out of the way, even in stuff like paint ball which moves way slower then a bullet this is the case, imagine trying to do that with someone twice as fast, not easy, much easier and faster to simple move in front of it.

• I was under the basic assumption that most people haven't been shot at and I was hardly being serious, it is just a hypothetical.

• It's actually kind of sad that this question was based off of the most recent update, which I failed to see. Now this all sees pretty messed up.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I was in love with someone and decide not to take a bullet, it'd be difficult to live with myself after that. Even if it was unrealistic, I'd be asking myself constantly "How could have I just stood there?" or saying "I could've saved her."

So I guess it is both heroic and foolish. I would call it more foolish though to just stand by and watch whatever happened because you didn't want to take the risk.

I dunno, I would hope I would take the bullet instead of letting a girlfriend or wife or whatever simply get shot.

What Girls Said 10

• I think it's both. Foolhardy things are often admirable.

• Depends on whether or not you live :p

• its heroic

• I would protect my guy... If I had one.

• I think it's very heroic :)

• It's heroic. And I would do the same for my boyfriend

• I think it is dumb because most likely the bullet would go through you.-.

• It depends.

• A bit of both, but she'd be more than thankful!

• I'd imagine it's neither... But rather some sort of instinct, as I doubt people sit around asking navel-gazing questions when there's a gunman in the room.

What Guys Said 30

• only if she dies alone loving no one else but you.

if she finds another guy, woooow, fuck that sacrifice. :P

• It's stupid and heroic. But, it's not really either, in my opinion. It's just something that is expected. I remember a girlfriend I had when I was 16 told me "The guy is supposed to stand on the side of the street with the cars." It's something you're just expected to do. So how is that heroic?

• It's only heroic if you survive.

If you die, she'll be banging other guys a few weeks after.. and if she doesn't, and instead lives a sorrowful widow life.. forever longing after you, crying herself to sleep..
    could that even be called a life?

• Well I would take one but not just because of her.. I would attempt to distract the jerk grab the gun and beat the guy either senseless or stick the gun to the persons ass and gladly pull the trigger.. after all he was going to shoot one or both of us, if I was able to get the gun.. my first thought would not be to call the dam cops.

With the way the justice system works today in both the United States and in Canada.. the son of a bitch would either get off or his lawyers would plead the insanity defense and he may even win.. and still get three meals a day and a roof over his cowardly head.. he better hope he takes me down the first time round.. as I would be more likely to shoot him myself

• I would never think of myself and how I look when I do something like this! I would think about what I am leaving her to. If there was a situation where me or my girlfriend had to die. I would talk to her and ask what her life would be like without me. I know that my life is nothing without her so I would be inclined to pick myself but I wouldn't want to leave her alone. If she could promise me that the wouldn't commit suicide and she would simply find another man like me then I would pick myself. I know she would want it to be her but she wouldn't think about like I have :/

• Taking a bullet for someone you love isn't stupid. If you hate women so much then go swing the other way

• Depends on the situation. But I;d take a bullet for my girl alright :)

• Well that is totally subjective to a guy and plus it really depends on how serious a situation is.

• It depends on a lot of things. If the woman is worth it and you die, then it was both heroic and stupid. You could argue that it was just heroic even if you died. But that's up for debate. If you survive, then it's heroic. If she isn't worth it, then it was stupid whether you die or not.

• I take one for her, it's not a matter of whether or not the person is worth it or not it's a simple matter of it being the right thing to do, you should never leave someone to die, especially when you have the power or ability to stop it.

• Of course it's stupid.

Guns have more than 1 round, so your ass diving and getting shot does nothing but has you incapacitated since all he has to do is chamber another cartridge. Not to mention that it's not your job as a man to die for a bird. For your kids? Yeah, but not for a bird.

The only heroic bullet taking is when people take bullets for people of actual importance, like people that benefit all of society for their contributions and not just for giving you pussy.

• Hmmm, yup considering the fact that women will just simply move on from you dying yeah... bitch can get shot unless she is my everything.

• depends on your mindset

• its stupid.

• Taking a bullet for anyone is stupid because the shooter would probably have multiple bullets and shoot the witnesses to the murder that was going to kill anyways and you would both be dead.

• Stupid as hell. Taking a bullet for your family is heroic.

• It depends if she's the one shooting you. It's a matter of time.

• how could you live with yourself if you don't

• Depends on the girlfriend.

• I've done it once...

• It's quite heroic. But I'd think twice if my girlfriend was a bitch.

• Stupid if you have any other choice.

• Bullet would go thtew me

• why risk ur life for someone that isn't going to be there forever

• You never met a woman who was worth it. That is different.

• then you don't get it... or people.

• For a girlfreind no probably not. However for my wife hell yea.

• Foolhardy because I doubt they would do the same for him.

• Sorry but I'm not a human-shield and I certainly won't take a bullet for a bitch who is leeching off me and playing mind games.

• Neither, I'd say it's selfish. It's better to die than have your partner killed if you're in a serious relationship/marriage