Why does this guy at my school always get louder when I'm around?

He is a ex but he dumped me. Everytime I'm around him he seemed to get louder and laugh a lot. Why is that?

Come on gag! I need some more advice!
I'm sorry world but I have become that person. I'm tagging people I know and don't know so I can get some opinions. 😂
@Paris13 , @Littlett25 @smahala1991 , @front2back @blondfrog, @justbanANNAz @Chocolateismylover , @dangerDoge , @BelleGirl21@existing_not_living , @soccerchick4eva , @Bards , @LovesTVDx @Illusive_Man @BertMacklinFBI , @Ihav2fart , @2014raser , @WhatTheHellAmy , @HookingSwan , @Prof_Don @Illusive_Man @EmpatheticLady @XNicholeMariex3 , @Iron_Man @Ashely_Princess @CHARismatic110

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Thank you here, dear, and with Me being at the Top of your Wish List, @Random_chick_2384 I would have to say that You... Are still at the top of His.
    He is trying to get your attention with his laughs and giggles and 'Seemed to get louder.' It is apparent that he still has not Moved on from his own End, and wants you To... Interject with him, even if it is for a friend.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 11

• Specific examples would help greatly, but I'll try and go off of what the description and stuff is.

Some things to address:
    1.) Crush bias: Before I jump to any conclusions of "he likes you" or such, it is important to know whether or not you still like him. As cliched as it sounds, search your heart and think deeply for an answer. Be honest. If you like him, there is a chance that you are just looking for "signs," like in this case being him being louder. Often times, people with crushes stretch for things like 'she/he stares at me.' Realistically though, this doesn't mean anything and they just want their crush to like them so they frame it in best light for them. There is nothing wrong about it-- we all do it. It just is something to be aware of.

2.) Meaning of being louder: If you don't like him but are still wondering why, there are some other explanations.
    -- A.) He could still like you and is trying to impress you. But then this leaves the question, why would he break up with you? If he still had feelings, I imagine he would've stayed unless he left for some other reason (e. g. moving away). Nevertheless, it is possible. He could have break up regret and is trying to win you back in a sense. Instead of going for a rebound relationship, he is trying to win you back.
    -- B.) He could find you as a friend and simply laughs more around you (aka, there is no meaning). Some friends you feel comfortable around and some you don't. People you feel comfortable around tend to be people you are louder around as well from what I've noticed. You feel more free so you let loose more, which would explain laughing/being louder.
    -- C.) He is showing you how fine he is. Sometimes in movies they have a thing where a character shows off to an ex how much stuff they have and how well off they are doing now they are separated. It would be kind of like this here. By laughing, he'd be saying "oh I'm so happy and I don't need you at all to be happy." Put frankly, he'd be trying to make you jealous of his happiness.

In conclusion, and getting the vibe off of the comments/question and such, I'm going to guess you like him and/or still harbor some feelings for him. Because of that, I'm going to guess this is a bit of crush bias applying meaning to something that frankly doesn't really mean anything.
    He is probably pulling a 2B (finds you as a friend) and maybe a bit of 2C (showing you he's fine). I wouldn't think too much of it though.

• he's probably trying to express how well his life is going when he is around you, which in deep translation means... "I'm feeling like shit when I'm around her"

• RANDOM_CHICK IT MIGHT BE BECAUSE I BROKE UP WITH YOU, BUT SINCE WE ARE CLASSMATES IT MAKES ME FEEL SO AWKWARD WHEN YOU'RE AROUND AND I TEND TO RAISE MY VOICE OR LAUGH SO OBNOXIOUSLY TO HIDE MY ANXIOUSNESS OR NERVOUS WHEN YOU ARE AROUND WITHOUT REALIZING OR NOTICED MY VOICE OR LAUGH INCREASED. I GUESS IT'S A DEFENSE MECHANISM FOR SOME.

that's probably what's happened to him... lol

• He just seems louder when you are around him, but actually is not. When you are away from him you can't hear him. So you can hear him when you are near him and think he is louder because of that.

• Well just to show you that's he's doing great. And since its nice to be around happy people, he's being extra happy to show that he's that kinda super happy go lucky kinda dude

• Tagging Is a good way to get many people to come in here. I am not sure maybe you mean something to him in some kind of way and you get him all fired up

• He probably likes you and he really wants to get your attention trust me a lot of guys do this

• He is trying to get you attention, and he is also excited to be around you. :-)

• If he's your age expect this. Guys at your age are idiots.

• I have no idea sorry not enough detail.

• He wants attentionnnnnn. He wants you to notice him.

What Girls Said 10