Would it be rude to?

Call a white person "cracker" if they call you "nigga?" We were in class and this girl said, "what's up my nigga?" So, I said "what's up cracker?" Then got ISS (in school suspension).

• Yerp
  • Nerp

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. Oh, good old ISS. I remember that place. So many times. That's where I perfected the art of falling asleep with my chin rested on my propped up arm. I remember, a friend and I used pencils to drill a hole in the walls that separated the kids, so we could pass notes. Good times. Good times.

Well. It could be perceived as rude, sure. But anything can be perceived as rude, pretty much. "Nigga" is pretty much default assumed to be ultra-rude when used by a non-initiated white person, of course. Don't worry. I'm an honorary black dude.

In general, it's best to just avoid using words that could possibly offend someone. I like doing it on purpose, just to see people get riled up over a syllable. But, I also don't care what people think of me so... It's smarter to just avoid words that can be confrontational. Particularly when you're around authority figures or people who will beat your ass for saying them.

If the teacher heard only you, then it makes sense she would only send you to ISS. But, if she heard both of you, you should talk to the principal. If the principal doesn't care, then you should talk to the superintendent. Or, basically just go up the ladder. Eventually, you'll find someone who will bring the Hammer of Thor down on the teacher and the principal. It's pretty racist of the teacher to only punish you, when you both said potentially insulting words. If you care. Letting it go would probably be less stressful. Probably. But, if it upset you a lot, then yeah.

Most Helpful Girl

• Racist! hahah

What Guys Said 8

• That's ridiculous. Your response was totally okay considering that other student called you nigga. Had I been your teacher, I would have probably started laughing and yelled "nice one!".
    I wish people could just get over these silly words. It's just words. Let white people call black people nigga or n** and let black people call white people cracker or whitebread or blowfish or any other word you like. It's just words. Words don't mean nothing. It's your actions that show whether you have respect for people.

• I think you had the right. I wish the N word was never invented. However calling a friend a pet name isn't bad because both know there's no bad feelings or whatever

• as a pail person they are both derogatory comments there are 2 sides i see in this. if one uses them it opens the door for the other comment. i wouldn't blame you one bit for your comment and i would have taken the suspension proudly. but (i know there's always buts) to be better than them dont give them the satisfaction of letting them know they got to you.

• a big chunk of the younger pop in houston uses "nigga" in everyday speech. u can say whatever you like, just realize you might get your ass beat if you're being antagonistic. Eminem chose to eliminate the word nigga from his vocabulary. honey cocane decided to embrace it.

the only place you need to srsly watch what you say and to whom, is in jail.

• Can't stand white people who use that word. Nice comeback, by the way.

But yeah, neither of you deserved ISS, but especially not you.

• Of course it's rude. Wasn't that the intention? Did she get suspended too?

• What type of double standard school do you go to? (insert angry face here)

• That's fucked up. Her, not you. Your response seemed to be the most appropriate and relaxed response possible.

I'd suggest next time you just say 'what's cracking' and smirk. Plausible deniability. plausible deniability, that's an old white man move, i'm sharing that with you now, because it's a new era.

What Girls Said 4

• Did you both get ISS?

• No, just me. I have it tomorrow.

• That's some fucking bullshit! I'd be pissed.

• I agree, this is total nonsense. Both of you did the same thing, it's either both of you getting ISS or neither of you.

• It's unfair you got punished and she didn't. Yes those are rude terms, I personally wouldn't use them, but both of you weren't being serious. It's not like you and that girl were having a fight. I don't see the point of suspension, here.

• Lol your funny

• I only say yes because nigga is a word said commonly in songs and such. cracker isn't. Now, calling somebody a nigga in a rude way is not right either. Idek why but cracker just sound worse lol. I call people nigga all the time but they never call me cracker.