I left school, college and my family for marriage, was I wrong?

I'm 19 and married. I didn't finish high school just to tease my parents because they disagreed with me on marriage. The only reason that they don't want me to get married was because i'm still young and stupid and because of the age gap between us is kind of big but it doesn't matter to me. Everyone look at me like i'm a child except him and that's why i love him. My parents are mad and not talking to me yet and it's too late for school i guess.

• WTF! You're wrong
  • You did the right thing

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you're letting your desire for this man get way too your head. You're putting him over a pedestal and avoiding your own necessities.

You need to learn to love yourself more first before you indulge in a relationship. This man should feel like a bonus to your life, not a necessity.

Most Helpful Girl

• i'd suggest to at least finish high school. all your love story might look like a fairy tail now, but its not gonna stay like that, I'm not saying u are gonna get a divorce, I'm just saying that i think that at some point you would want to work or something and its gonna be easier for u to get a job if u finish high school and even better if u get college education.

What Guys Said 5

• So if your marriage goes down the drain eventually and you and your husband get divorced when you're 40 or 50, you're just gonna fry burger patties or what? And even if the relationship lasts forever... are you just gonna cook and clean after him for your whole life? Is that gonna be the purpose of your existence? Seems rather dull.

• Why not? I really love him and i'm happy with him and i have everything i need. Is it bad to be a housewife?

• Not, it's not "bad" as in "morally bad" but it would surprise me if you wouldn't get incredibly bored at one point. I know you don't believe me at the moment but you're still very young. How long have you been together with him? Two years? Three years? I have been together with my girlfriend for over five years (pretty long time) and I'm just STARTING to feel what it will be like to be together for a very long time. You might think cleaning and washing and cooking for him might be cool and fun and you don't mind it because you love him but in 20 or 30 years, you won't feel this way anymore. You will regret not ever having done something for yourself: work a job you love, go travelling etc.. You will feel unfulfilled and sad. You ask me how I know this? Just look around. There are millions of lifelong housewives out there who are frustrated as fuck. I don't get why anyone would choose to become a lifelong, personal housemaid.

• I would advise you to at least get a GED and finish your high school level education because if and I mean if the marriage doesn't work you'll be out on the streets because no one will hire someone with no high school education. Other then that if you feel you made the right choice then to you, you made the right choice.

• Married people can't do school?

• its never to late for school ! i was married to my wife when she was your age but we both agreed not to marry untill she finished school.
    think of the future this one time. finish school

• Impulsive behaviour. You reap what you sow.

What Girls Said 7

• Even though school is boring as hell you should at least finish high school.

• Well.. you can continue school even if you're married 💁

• It's not too late. You're only 19, you're not an old lady, you have so much time. Change things. Go to school, reconnect. with your family, live your life.

• It might sound crazy but in the end your parents want what's best for you

• At least get your GED. You can study at home. Even if your hunby is the best ever, what if he hets hurt or sick or something?

• Please don't say that. I just thought that school is not important anymore because i'm happy now.

• I'm not wishing it on you, but it happens all the time, sadly. It's happened to people I know. Get your GED. The local library can help you get some study guides...

• Go back to school.

• Just based on this you sound a bit immature yet. School is important.

• Should i finish school and college?

• If you want a good job then yes.