How much dose it cost to get a new car?

How much would it cost to get a really nice car new?
I have no clue how much this would cost...
How much do second hand cars cost?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm... depending on the type of car and how many of the add-ons you want to put into it. 15k seems like the base line for smaller cars. 35k for SUV and newer mini vans.

The cost of buying a car is not as big as the cost of gas and maintenance. Both of them will ring you anywhere from 2k to 6k a year.

Second hand cars can be about 20% to 50% cheaper than the new ones. They run the risk of having more maintenance costs down the line so make sure you can get a very good warranty.

Overall, don't spend more than you have to for a car. Cars lose value the moment you buy them and in a very rapid rate. After a year or two, most cars will lose about 30-50% of their initial price. This doesn't count for the fact that newer and more energy efficient cars are released every year.

Land and house on the other hand... raise their prices over time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Used are probably around $4000+ depending on mileage, year, damage, stuff like that.

What Guys Said 12

• Totally depends on what you want. You can get a shitty little used car for a few hundred dollars. You can get a nicer used car for a few thousand. A new car can cost you anything from about 15,000 to more money than I have ever seen at once.

• I recommend using a website like kbb (Kelly blue book ) or carsdirect. com

• for a new car any wear from 24,000 and up
    you still have to pay tax, destination fee, prep fee, license and registration. before you even leave the lot.
    my suggestion is find a good used car becuase as soon as you drive the new car off the lot its only worth 20,000 if you payed 24,000 for it. it is considered used at that point and worth less.

• I paid 800 bucks for my Miata.

Had it 4 years, it's been thrashed, abused, hacked up, modified, hooned and beaten into submission.

And it still runs like a dream. Seriously, best $800 I ever spent. These things are stupidly reliable, and I'd advise anyone looking for a first car to pick one up.

• Google "Kelley blue book" and go to their site. I've found their prices to be a reasonable place to start. If you've never bought a car before, take an experienced car buyer with you to check it over and help out with price negotiations.

• Brand new? Anything from $15,000 USD to $10,000,000 USD.
    Second hand? Free all the way up to $50,000,000+ USD.
    Be a little more specific. :P

• you're better off deciding how much you want to spend first and foremost.

then determine it's primary function, and how often you'll be driving it.

go from there.

• Depends on what kind of car you want

• Umm... is this a troll post? What's the question again?

• How much dose it cost to get a car

• If you're looking for a used car. Find one for 10 grand. Anything less would possible cause problems. Low miles is best bet as well. 50k or less would be ideal. If you want a new car. Look to spend at least 30k.

• Dose.. ? stay in school honey.

• depends on model and brand

• New cars between 20 000 to 2 700 000 depending on what you want and used between 10 000 to 7000 for a desent one

What Girls Said 2

• depends what kinda ride ur after.
    a really nice new one will go from $25k - $40k
    a decent second hand one could go from $9k-$25k

• Thousands of dollars. Like the cheapest new car is about $17k and that's a base model Toyota Corolla or something.

Used cars can go for any price and will often be much cheaper but possibly less reliable without as good as a warranty